Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 11:51 AM

Default Problem with Pacific - connection issues

Ok, I know if you have ever played at Pacific that you have dealt with connection issues. I deal with them because the level of play at Pacific is horrendous and I make decent money there. Anyways, I have never really had a problem until yesterday.

I was playing a 50+3 heads-up match and immediately after I joined the tournament I was disconnected. You start with 1000 chips and by the time I was re-connected I was down to 135 and just went all-in out of frustration and lost.

I wrote down the tourney # and emailed their support and asked for a refund. They emailed back and said that the connection problems were an issue on my side and not theirs because my opponent was connected during the tourney and I was not. Obviously, because of this, they said they wouldn't refund my money.

Well, I just emailed them back and told them I was not happy at all about their response and told them I would never play there again if I don't get a refund.

Anyways, I guess I am wondering if this has happened to anyone else? It seems to me that a normal business would refund my money even if it was my fault because obviously I didn't get what I paid for.

Thoughts???
Old 11-11-2005, 12:00 PM

Default Re: Problem with Pacific - connection issues

as frustrating as this can be, how could a pokerroom actually do this, (refund monies,) if the disconnection wasnt on their end.

not that im unsympathetic to your situation, but if one really thinks it through, it really doesnt seem feasible.

so many people, connecting from so many places, and through so many "pipelines." and each of them with the potential for a breakdown in the system.

unfortunately it is the risk that we assume when playing on the internet.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:05 PM

Thanks for the reply. I can see that side of it I guess I may be naive to think that they should have some concern for the customer. I know many businesses refund money to their customers even when it is the customers fault.

I think that Pacific, specifically, should have some concern about this because it is well known that they have connection issues. And they should realize that poker players on their site are already worried enough about losing their money just by gambling it without having to worry about losing their money because of the site and their connection problems.

Take it easy,

PTN
Old 11-11-2005, 01:41 PM

"...and told them I would never play there again if ..."

I call.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
as frustrating as this can be, how could a pokerroom actually do this, (refund monies,) if the disconnection wasnt on their end.

[/ QUOTE ]
You obviosly haven't played there. Random disconnects occur regularly and they aren't on the client side. The software is chitty, bottom line.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:07 PM

In case anyone cares, I did get my money back. They said since I've been a "loyal" customer that they would give me my money back "this one time".

Off to give it back to them !! LOL....
Old 11-14-2005, 03:16 PM

This has happend to me on Pacific and twice on Titan Poker. I play a lot of heads-up matches and I've probably been in 10-15 on Titan where my opponent was disconnected the whole time