Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2005, 08:49 AM

Default Re: My Best Ever Lay Down!

[ QUOTE ]
Disclaimer: None of the following is intended as an attack. Take it as the best serious, honest advice I have to give you.

[ QUOTE ]
Ok this is my Best ever Lay Down, Id like to here your views on this hand and perhaps any great lay downs you've made yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally I'm surprised you didn't get flamed by at least 10 seperate posters on this line alone.

[ QUOTE ]
Ok I'm on Pacific Poker $5-$10 as usual, In the Big Blind on a very loose table I look down and see KK with 5 limpers, now I no if I raise not one of these players will fold,

[/ QUOTE ]

You've certainly got the best hand here - not raising with the best hand is BAD. Your raise isn't intended to get people to fold - it's intended to build a pot with the best hand pre-flop and a hand that is a favorite to win (even against 5 loose opponents) at showdown. Also - if they're not going to fold now, they're probably not going to fold later either - why not juice up the pot with the best hand.

*** THE SMALL BLIND HAD AA SO I DIDNT HAVE THE BEST HAND HERE OR DOES KK BEAT AA IN THIS FORUM? *** thanks for the rest of your advice though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-18-2005, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok I'm on Pacific Poker $5-$10 as usual, In the Big Blind on a very loose table I look down and see KK with 5 limpers, now I no if I raise not one of these players will fold,

[/ QUOTE ]

You've certainly got the best hand here.....

*** THE SMALL BLIND HAD AA SO I DIDNT HAVE THE BEST HAND HERE OR DOES KK BEAT AA IN THIS FORUM? *** thanks for the rest of your advice though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what we call "results oriented" thinking. When you are in the BB with 5 limpers and you see KK - you assume that you have the best hand. There's only one hand (AA) that beats you at that point and with no raise you're not giving anyone credit for having that hand (in fact I don't give anyone credit for having it if it's just one (and sometimes two) raises before me).

Just because you were actually beat the whole time does not justify playing the hand weak-tight and certainly doesn't make this "The Best Laydown Ever".
Old 03-22-2005, 05:18 AM

lol he didnt get flammed cuz everyboyd on site knows its +ev to let this retard play like this
Old 03-17-2005, 09:36 PM

Did anyone else read this and, atleast for a second, feel like they're wasting their time NOT playing on Pacific Poker?
Old 03-17-2005, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did anyone else read this and, atleast for a second, feel like they're wasting their time NOT playing on Pacific Poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

SUPER DUPER AWESOME!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I can't believe that it keeps getting better and better!!!!1
Old 03-17-2005, 09:41 PM

Default Question for the bar-b-que chef...

Did anyone else think this was a joke?

Before I say anything, I mean no personal attack..

But, this kind of thing happens a lot at RGP. I'm new to twoplustwo, and hadn't seen it yet, but figured this would happen from time to time.

Again, I mean no personal attack at all, but I didn't think it was possible for someone to not know to raise KK if they were playing 5-10 (espeicially true for people who know what twoplustwo is).

PS: Title is a reference to a simpsons episode.

PPS: I'm going jogging now and won't be able to read/respond to replies for like an hour.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:46 PM

Default Re: Question for the bar-b-que chef...

Wow. Good call.. perhaps? If it is a joke he followed thru with a poker web site pretty hard =)
Old 03-17-2005, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also check out my blog if you get the chance http://www.holdemlife.co.uk/68423/69112.html

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-17-2005, 10:17 PM

donk.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you've already read the blog then you're just lazy.

If you haven't read the blog yet, read it now and then go back and edit that post to put "DONK" in capitals and bolded type!!