Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2005, 05:08 AM

Default am i suck at holdem? 20-40 hand

im cutoff with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
all fold to me
the button folds out of turn in front of me
the last couple times i raised in this spot, the button and blinds folded, so this time i limp
sb, and bb are in
flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]x [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
sb check, bbcheck, i bet, sb checkraise, bb fold, i call
turn is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
sb bets, i raise, sb calls
river is K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
check check
sb seemed to be smarter than the average bear, but i hadnt recalled seeing too many of sb's hands
on a side note, when talking to sb later, sb swears up and down to have check raised while im quite sure sb bet out on the flop, bb folded and i called
anyway, do i suck?
Old 08-28-2005, 09:01 AM

Default Re: am i suck at holdem? 20-40 hand

I bet the end. I think many people would just bet out with a king here b/c they'd be afraid you'd check behind. When he checks, I put him on a Queen or a busted straight draw. I bet for value...if checkraised and he's sane...fold.

Jeff
Old 08-28-2005, 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet the end. I think many people would just bet out with a king here b/c they'd be afraid you'd check behind. When he checks, I put him on a Queen or a busted straight draw. I bet for value...if checkraised and he's sane...fold.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]
i didnt bet the end because i didnt think there was a hand sb could call with that i could beat. because of my turn raise(flush card), i could see sb check calling with a K or a small flush.
i was just curious if there were any awful decisions made by me because i was accused of playing the hand "horribly"( im not looking for a pat on the back or anything, just a reality/sanity check)
Old 08-28-2005, 10:23 AM

raise preflop for crying out loud. if anything, your point about the blinds having folded last time you raised here is reason to raise again because they will be frustrated with you and more likely to play back.

-DrG
Old 08-28-2005, 11:13 AM

I can't see not betting the river with the second nuts the way the action went here.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't see not betting the river with the second nuts the way the action went here.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's got the millionth nut hand with AAKKQ.

-Barron
Old 08-28-2005, 12:04 PM

Lol, i read that X's as the King of spades, which is pretty funny since the Ks was the first card that flopped. I'm going to stop posting right after i wake up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2005, 12:23 PM

You played the hand fine on every street. Whether or not you raise preflop in this spot will not matter in the long run, although i will raise preflop in this situation 95% of the time. Also using the flop checkraise to set up the turn raise is also a fine play. And the river, your reasoning is right that he could easily have the king, since him calling your turn raise on the flush card shows alot of strength, And if he doesnt have the king he is very likely to be drawing and missed, so your river bet will not be called by a lesser hand enough to be profitable anyways in my opinion.
-wes
Old 08-28-2005, 12:28 PM

preflop play is kinda dumb
postflop you played it good... id check down the river against most in a live 20/40.
Old 08-28-2005, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

anyway, do i suck?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check the river if you are going to fold to a check-raise.

Lawrence