Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2005, 01:33 PM

Default Re: 10/20 SB Hand 3

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Check/fold the flop. Check and peel is iffy but not terrible probably.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you doing here?

[/ QUOTE ]
Avoiding spewage.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you didn't read the preflop action.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What are you doing here?

[/ QUOTE ]Avoiding spewage.

[/ QUOTE ]I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you didn't read the preflop action.

[/ QUOTE ]
I looked at it again. A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is not so great because of the two diamond flop. Holding a diamond here would make this hand considerably more attractive to continue with.

I didn't consider the BD straight in my first assessment though. That adds some value - say about 1 out? I'm not even sure if you can give it that much because of the two diamond flop.

I'm giving about 3 outs to the overcards. Spiking a Queen puts three to a straight on the board, or could make BB two pair as could an Ace.

That being said, I'm going to up my assessment of having about three outs to about four and say calling the flop raise with the intention of check/calling a blank turn looks reasonable.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but open folding is probably better.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you have 0 disconnects left, and knew 100% that you were going to lose connection on the turn or river, then check/folding would be correct. Even then, requesting more disconnects and playing the hand NORMALLY would be a better option.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:50 PM

Hi Tom,

as someone who sucks at poker, let me tell you what's worked for me when I'm posting above my bankroll. a lot of times when I post and I'm not sure, but I think I'm getitng the concept, my post will more resemble something along the lines of

"I think this is best, here are the reasons. is that sucky?"

and the replies will look something like

"yes I'd rather light money on fire"

or

"no that's basically the right concept, but notice the fact that the board is XYZ instead of ZGS makes it more correct"

then repeat until more answers resemble the latter. inquisitive answers are more on the tone of "learn me something" as opposed to "this is the way it is." a lot of posts in a lot of forums are of the "this is the way it is" style, and there are always arguments about whether it detracts from good discussion. but I digress.

kiddo explained it very well IMO in his coaching intro, when he says

[ QUOTE ]
Lets say a coach look at a hand that u didnt know how to play, you give him 2 good reasons to call and 2 good reasons to raise.

The coach: "You should raise this turn" and then give you 2 more good reasons to raise.

You think for a while and comes up with two more reasons not to raise.

He then comes back with a new answer: "Yep, you are right, there are as good reasons to raise as to call, it sure looks like a coinflip".

Now you can say: Well this is a bad coach, he gave me the wrong answer, I gave him the right answer and in the end there was no answer at all, I could do whatever in this hand, I dont need a coach to tell me that.

But what really happend is that you started with 4 conflicting arguments and ended up with 8 conflicting arguments. And that makes all the difference in the world if u want to become really good at poker. In the next hand you play maaybe you will get 5-3 instead of 2-2 in arguments.

[/ QUOTE ]

if your posts promote that style of discussion, then you could learn even more from the hand than that specific line for that specific situation against that specific opponent.

anyways, that's just how I roll. all this advice is worth what you paid for it

peace,
-Kevin
Old 12-22-2005, 01:17 PM

Reads? What makes you think the BB wasn't raising a flush draw then betting the turn because it was HU? Against high aggression, I'd be tempted to call down. Against low aggression, I fold.