Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2005, 10:16 AM

Default Re: A new poker analysis site that i\'ve been working on

[ QUOTE ]
Does it support HHs exported from Pokertracker?

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't look like it...

I think this is important... Since I delete my HH files off my computer at least once a day, Analysis of hands played a few days (or months) ago would not be easily done. I can export HHs to multiple files and combine, if needed, to 1 file to use as input.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:53 AM

looks awesome, id be very interested in using it if i could import all of my hands (not just < 1k) from PT HH exports.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:08 PM

Programming is my day job. I have thought about writing some poker software, but I wanted to keep my hobby seperate from my job.

I did THINK about how I would go about it. Did you write your own hand analysis (what beats what) system? Can you describe it in broad strokes? (or not, I respect your right to keep your programming ideas to yourself.)

-D
Old 04-06-2005, 06:17 PM

Very nice!

Remove "Game #<do not remove this line!> starts." from the PT hands.

It would be useful to have a link to the hand history with the lucky hands.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:58 PM

Also, im working on adding in things such as BB/100, BB/Hr, etc. And I was wondering if there were any other statistics you would want when analyzing your play (Preferably something you wont find in the desktop poker tracking software packages).
Old 04-06-2005, 09:12 PM

no one is really uneasy about giving him all this info, for all we know he could be making a huge database of all party+affiliate games.. you know?
Old 04-06-2005, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no one is really uneasy about giving him all this info, for all we know he could be making a huge database of all party+affiliate games.. you know?

[/ QUOTE ]

True enough but look here. Poker Room is giving away stats for free!

With Poker Tracker and a few skins, you can build a giant DB in no time yourself.

So, while this could be a ruse to gather info. 1. he says it's not. 2. he provides something useful and you can decide if it's worth it. 3. he could make his database easier ways.

Use a search and replace on your name if you are nervous. Or don't use his page.

If you really care; get someone to whip up a script to rename all the players to neutral names: player1 player2 player3 ...

-D

p.s.
P.M. me for custom programming. I only charge $100/hr. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

p.p.s
PokerGrader,
Get a few poker ads up there! Then people will see how you make $$$ from the site and won't accuse you of downloading thier databases.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do understand your concern. If you can find me a service online that will change all the names to anonymize hand histories, I would be glad to link to it in the FAQ just so other users who are worried about privacy would not have a problem using the service.

And just a note on security, once the hand histories are uploaded, they are inaccessable via the web, and are automatically deleted within 12 hours. The results pages have no mention of your username or any usernames of your opponenets, nor is your username stored anywhere on the server. It is only used as a one-time command line argument for the operation of the pokergrader software.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:19 AM

heh im not trying to accuse you of it, i was just suprised as hell that no-one had questioned your integrity.

I personally dont care if you have my stats.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:19 AM

I added in BB/100 and potential BB/100, and it now supports pokertracker hand histories from partypoker and empirepoker.

Im still working on adding support for pokerstars and ultimatebet.