Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 11:26 AM

Default Did I play this ok?

Button came tot he table few orbits ago and is a little loose preflop and seems to be agerssive when has some something

BB plays 70% of his hands , never raises preflop and calls a lot of bets and raises with nothing, and might ocasionally bluff at the river

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, Button calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB
Old 09-26-2005, 11:33 AM

Default Re: Did I play this ok?

I want UTG and BB out if possible.
3-bet from the SB preflop.

Otherwise looks fine.

Edit to agree check-raising the flop would be smooth.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Button came tot he table few orbits ago and is a little loose preflop and seems to be agerssive when has some something

BB plays 70% of his hands , never raises preflop and calls a lot of bets and raises with nothing, and might ocasionally bluff at the river

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, Button calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

3-bet preflop sometimes. When you don't 3-bet, usually check-raise the flop. Since the chances of him having an 8 in his hand are a bit small because of his preflop raise, I would throw in an extra raise somewhere... probably the turn.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BB could be playing with anything and is likely padding the pot for you. Button "seems" to have something, but that doesn't mean an 8. I find a 3-bet here, and only check/call the river if Button caps.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:41 AM

I'd 3-bet pf to force out the guys behind you, the way it played out c/r the flop so that nobody gets 8-1 or better odds to call, and the way that played out 3-bet the turn for value because you have good equity.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:45 AM

I Guess I made a mistake by just putting Button on an 8. After that turn raise i said to myself he has something like Ace Eight and i decided to call him down, and see if i was correct.
To me at that time it would just seem like the most logical thing to do, since him having an eight seemed like the only reasonable thing to raise me with, if he has overcards he wouldn't check raise me on such scary board, and i dont think he would check raise me with just a pair... meh

I also see that I should've C/r the flop or 3bet the preflop than you
Old 09-26-2005, 11:47 AM

I think it looks ok except I would've probably reraised pf. Also I think I 3 bet the turn. I know that you're beat by any 8 but you have 10 outs to improve on the river if your beat and may very well be ahead.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:58 AM

En mauvais francais:

Trois-bette avant le flop. Trois-bette le turn. Gagne d'argent.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:35 PM

I think a 3-bet preflop is a good idea for two reasons. First, there are a lot of overcards to your 9s so you want to force the blinds out. Second, he could be trying to steal or have a big hand if he caps you can put him on a big hand.

The way the hand played out I am leaning towards putting the Button on a big pp that waited until the turn to raise, but I suppose a suited ace-8 is just as likely.

This goes back to the 3-bet thing but if he had capped preflop you could probably get pretty aggressive with this because you could rule out almost every hand that beats you. 88 is a strech but might be possible. One last thing the way you played it or if you had 3-bet preflop and been called I would have 3-bet the turn and slowed down if he capped.

Sorry this was pretty long winded, and I hope my advice did not suck.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:42 PM

I might consider check raising the flop. If villain 3 bets I think we can safely put him on an overpair. The rest of the hand is fine.