Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2005, 10:42 AM

Default I\'m done too. Nobody cares. Nobody read. (vent)

I just finished dumping 200bb at party 5/10. I'm done. I have 5k left and I'm cashing it all out. I feel completely like party is rigged. I was a 3bb/100 winning player at 2/4 over 50k hands then a 2bb/100 winning player at 5/10 over 15k until Party decided to rape my butt hole. I really don't feel it can all be the coincidence of "varience". All of a sudden all my big hands get sucked out on or they win the blinds. Every set I hit is in a tiny heads-up pot. Every draw I hit is in a tiny heads-up pot.

Basically I was running break-even for 10k hands. All I was doing was generating rake for party. Well forget it. Now that the < 3 out beats keep coming, over and over and over I'm done. They're not getting my rake anymore.

You can call me a losing player, an idiot or whatever. But when all my good hands/monsters win tiny pots and every else gets sucked out on. When all I'm doing is treading water so I can convienently generate my massive amounts of rake to the site I become suspicious. The only people who suck out on me are the fish. No way it is fair. No way every set I hit is coincidentally in a tiny heads up pot, while my massive draws and hands in large pots lose to crappy cards. Over and over and over. Over 15k hands easily. This isn't varience. Its software collusion.

Whatever. I suck. I won't let the door hit me on the way out. Good day.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:02 AM

Default Re: I\'m done too. Nobody cares. Nobody read. (vent)

[ QUOTE ]
This isn't varience. Its software collusion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to hear about your recent bad run. But you had an extended good run before that. Why is it that when you're winning, it must be your great play - but when you're losing, it's a PartyP conspiracy?

[ QUOTE ]
Basically I was running break-even for 10k hands. All I was doing was generating rake for party.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you are generating rake for Party whether you win or not. Party doesn't really care which player wins the pot, they get their rake either way.

These type of posts make me laugh. People talk about downswings, and variance, like they know what it is, and accept it as an inevitable part of the game. But as soon as the big downswing hits - the game must be fixed.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:12 AM

It sucks that things are going so badly for you. I don't find any humor in it. Still, I am glad that when I started 4-tabling and taking the game seriously that I ran poorly out of the gate. I did not get spoiled or get the chance to harbor unrealistic expectations. I am also grateful for all the folks here who have shared there frustating variance stories and kept plugging away- beacause things can and do turn around.

Good luck.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:34 AM

In all seriousness, your post doesn't sound like it's coming from somebody with even a superficial understanding of variance.

You have 36 posts, almost none on strategy. None for reviewing hands. Back in January you said, "I'm 2BB/100 at 5/10 over 25k hands since I moved up directly from 2/4."

Either that was a lie or you've played enough hands that a 200 BB downswing shouldn't be a surprise.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:39 AM

Just to clarify - I don't find humor in seeing someone else go through a tough downswing (I've been through them myself). And I'm a big believer in venting about your bad streak on 2+2. I think it helps.

The humorous part is when people assume the most plausible explanation for their bad streak is that the online poker site must be rigged. Party, etc. are raking in money hand over fist, and could care less whether any one particular player wins or loses. Assuming that Party suddenly decides that it's so-and-so player's turn to lose, and reprograms the cards accordingly, is overanalyzing what is simply a run of bad luck (or bad play, or likely a combination of both).

I wish the OP luck if he decides to stick to the game. If you play well eventually it WILL turn around.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You can call me a losing player, an idiot or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

We could also shout from the rooftops that the earth is round and that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. But what would be the point?
Old 07-05-2005, 12:21 PM

The worst thing about this post is that 200BB isn't even that big a downswing. I have had 2 downswings that big or bigger in the last 4 months!
Old 07-05-2005, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The worst thing about this post is that 200BB isn't even that big a downswing. I have had 2 downswings that big or bigger in the last 4 months!

[/ QUOTE ]

In the 6-max forums, recently, Scotch78 reported hitting a 500 BB downswing. Scary stuff.

On the bright side, one long time 2+2er reported, if memory serves me correctly, a 600 BB slide- followed by a 14BB per 100 upswing around over an insanely long period.

Variance discussion, realization and acceptance have saved my poker life. Listen to these guys. Even if they rub you the wrong way, the fact is, that they are %100 right.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We could also shout from the rooftops that the earth is round and that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. But what would be the point?

[/ QUOTE ]
The earth isn't actually round, it's elliptical, with the equator (approximately) as the major axis. But I wouldn't shout this from a rooftop either. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2005, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The earth isn't actually round, it's elliptical, with the equator (approximately) as the major axis. But I wouldn't shout this from a rooftop either. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

May the good Lord protect me from people with too much time on their hands . . .

If you really want to get pedantic, the earth may not be perfectly spherical, but it isn't a perfect ellipse either, bcs it's all bumpy on the outside, numbnuts [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].