Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2004, 09:03 PM

Default SSH (IT) is paying off already!!!!

Just got SSH and have I read the first couple of chapters and it's already paying off. Sat down tonight and first hand WAM A/A. And I won!!!! Man what's it going to be like after I make it past the profile of the authors!!! Thank you Ed Miller
Old 08-12-2004, 09:05 PM

Default Re: SSH (IT) is paying off already!!!!

I have a hand to thank Ed Miller for. I will find it and post it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-12-2004, 09:14 PM

Default Thanks Ed Miller

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.20 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds.

River: (13.20 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 17.20 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows 2d 4d (full house, twos full of fours).
Button shows 9h 9c (two pair, nines and twos).
Outcome: Hero wins 17.20 BB. </font>

Played it out of the SB just because of Ed's post about playing 2 suited cards out of the SB.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:44 PM

Default Re: Thanks Ed Miller

I dont think Ed would like your not betting out on the flop and definitely wouldnt like you not raising when it got back around to you and not betting out on the turn and not raising when it got back around to you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-12-2004, 09:48 PM

Ya radek. Ed's going to kick your ass!!!
Old 08-12-2004, 09:50 PM

Can I plead a slow play? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-12-2004, 10:28 PM

On the flop, yes. On the turn, no.
Old 08-12-2004, 10:53 PM

Horribly played from the flop on out.

I don't have a problem with checking the flop, but you closed the betting here. You should've raised while the entire field was committed to the pot.

So you don't raise the flop. Fine. But you have to bet out the turn. You're very fortunate the button bet. Letting a free card fall with a hand this strong is disastrous in a 7-player field ... not because you'll be outdrawn, but because you're leaving money on the table. You might as well write a check to all of your opponents.

The river raise was horrible. No one at the table has shown any aggression, yet you put the entire field to call two cold for a showdown. You'd have been better off going for overcalls ... you would've dragged a bigger pot.

Allow me to borrow a line from Mr. Miller here and say that if you don't bet, you can't be raised. You would love to be raised here. You're almost assured of being raised here if you at least bet the turn. You could've trapped the field for much more than this hand paid off.

This wasn't a slowplay, it was a stop-play. You missed out on a dozen or more bets here. If I flop the joint against a 7-player field, you can bet your entire library of Sklansky that I'll win more than a 17 BB pot.

Quit trying to be cute and bet your strong hands.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:06 PM

This post has lost its sarcasm.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This post has lost its sarcasm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if that's the case, the joke's on me, I guess. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]