Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 07:38 AM

Default Re: What gets under your skin when playing a poker game?

[ QUOTE ]
he's constantly leaning forward so I can't see the chick's boobs.

[/ QUOTE ]

So true. A real piss-off. I then ask for a move to the 10 so that I can get the angle. I have really powerful eyeglasses that I move to the end of my nose (ala Devilfish) and they make the boobs even more huge, but I need that 10 seat for full boob-o-vision results.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:42 AM

Lose.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:34 AM

The guy who brings in $30k to a 10-20
Old 08-24-2005, 09:38 AM

I hate it when some old dude tries to grab my ass at the table.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:21 PM

I raise preflop with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and knocking everyone out except one cold caller.

Flop comes T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet, he calls.
Turn is K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]...I bet, he calls

River is 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]...I bet, he raises, I reraise, he caps.

He turns over A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and my king high flush is beaten...GRRRR!

Then he types in the chat box: LOL
Old 08-24-2005, 02:40 PM

I hate players who use terms that thye obviously have heard others use without really knowing the meaning of them, or trying to act hip by using the terms...example Donkey,Fish, Pot Odds,etc.

I really hate wannabes.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:32 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

People who complain about getting sucked out on by crap. Implying that they want to play against 'better' players because somehow they talk themselves into thinking that that would be an easier game.

Actually, this doesn't bother me as it tells me about their thought process and skill level when I'm in a game with them. Their thoughts are so ingrained with just winning the pot they forget where the money is made during the hand.

Rudeness is it for me. I just watched a player snap at a dealer the other day over something real petty, telling her she should do her job better when she was doing her job just fine. Even in regards to the incident in question. Right along the lines with the berating table coach. However, I do get a little joy at watching these types tilt and flail as their chips drain from their stacks. Reminds me of the wicked witch in wizard of oz melting into the water. Themselves screeching while being sucked down to the realization that they really aren't as good as they think they are.

But for the most part: What a whiny thread.

b
Old 08-24-2005, 05:11 PM

Default This is the funniest thing I have read all day.

This is the funniest thing I have read all day.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:19 PM

Seeing how I just wasted 30 min I should have been studying during I have to post. What gets me is the Badass at the $5 buying home game who only check-raises, but never enough to force anyone out of the pot.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:27 PM

4-8 live, really loud, obnoxious woman raises on the button, myself and a couple others fold. Flop is 86K rainbow. Old rock bets, she raises. Turn was blank, Old rock checks and calls her bet. HU to the river, check,bet, call. Old rock shows a pair of kings - ok, sounds reasonable given the betting. The woman turns over 86o for two pair! A few of the people start questioning her why she would possibly raise 86o pf. She says "I wanted to get some other people out of the hand". She then procedes to get even louder and boasts about her play and how "good she is" and on and on, blah,blah,blah. She annoyed me so much that I found myself getting more and more pissed (sitting next her didn't help) as the night wore on.