Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 11:36 PM

Default World\'s Largest Poker Room!

Party proudly displays a big goofy

"World's Largest Poker Room!"

in their lobby, and this same sentiment seems to be a major focus of their TV and radio advertising as well.

Considering Pokerstars is coming very close to surpassing them, and also considering the future potential for Pokerstars to move well ahead of them, I have to wonder if we will see a change in these claims. I mean, if I owned Pokerstars, I'd be putting "World's Largest Poker Room" all over my site the week that it happens. Probably will be undisputed by January.

What is Party gonna do?
Old 10-27-2005, 12:28 AM

Default Re: World\'s Largest Poker Room!

why will stars be the undisputed largest poker room by january?
Old 10-27-2005, 12:41 AM

Of course I am only speculating, but here are some of my reasons for believing this...

1) Since the Party split, the two have become very close in terms of players with less than 3000 players separating the two at times. In the Past, pokerstars has grown at a higher rate than Party, and there is little reason to believe that this will not continue.

2) Pokerstars is going to implement a reward program for high volume players which will lure many players from that site

3) The lobby ugrade described by Lee Jones in the 'Dear Lee jones' thread will please many former party players and stars will capture some players this way. Most likely, tournamnet players who were finding the cumbersome to multitable given the poor interface. Similarly if they do eventually implement draw software. This would steal players from UB and FT

4) January will be what it usually is... A fish drainer. They will all have spent their extra cash on christmas presents and Party will likely lose more players from this than stars will.

Fidel
Old 10-27-2005, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why will stars be the undisputed largest poker room by january?

[/ QUOTE ]

It won't be that soon, but it's gonna happen. A lot will depend on Stars' new VIP program that Lee is talking about.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2) Pokerstars is going to implement a reward program for high volume players which will lure many players from that site

[/ QUOTE ]

Where have you heard this? Any info?
Old 10-27-2005, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where have you heard this? Any info?

[/ QUOTE ]

See that thread "Dear Lee Jones" with like 1000 replies?
Old 10-27-2005, 07:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
4) January will be what it usually is... A fish drainer. They will all have spent their extra cash on christmas presents and Party will likely lose more players from this than stars will.

[/ QUOTE ]

This point is completely without merit. How will Party lose more players than Stars due x-mas spending? Do you think Stars players don't celebrate x-mas? Do Christians only play at Party? Or do you think all of the Stars players are atheists? I also disagree about January being a down month. It was one of my biggest this year. Once the weather gets cold, many of the fish that spent the summer watching their children play baseball will be inside. Online poker is great way for them spend a cold day inside.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:11 AM

Why do people spend so much time and energy hating on Party Poker?

If you hate them so much, why not just not play there and STFU about it?
Old 10-27-2005, 11:35 AM

WTF? You expect the Ad Claim Police to go knocking on Party's door?
Old 10-27-2005, 11:48 AM

Christmas is actually a pretty secular holiday, at least as far as giving gifts goes. Atheists give Christmas presents all the time. (This really does serve to reinforce yr overall point though.)