Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Re: hand v xorbie

can we get results?
Old 10-25-2005, 02:35 PM

i bet 15 an he called. i checked an folded to a bet of 30 on a blank turn. something didnt feel right but i dont see any other way of playing it.

thx for the comments

paul
Old 10-25-2005, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i bet 15 an he called. i checked an folded to a bet of 30 on a blank turn. something didnt feel right but i dont see any other way of playing it.

thx for the comments

paul

[/ QUOTE ]

For the record, this is definitely how I would play sat TJs.

As the case was, you got lucky with a reverse suckout against my AA. Meh.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] i thought about pushing thinking you would be hard pressed to call without AA/QQ. glad i ddint now.

paul
Old 10-25-2005, 03:13 PM

Bet $20, but shut down after that. He'll call and/or play back with AK/AQ/QQ/AJ/ATs, etc, in which case you're done. I wouldn't try to push him off after he calls or raises a continuaiton bet. But he'll probably respect your reraise and continuation bet if he holds 88, 99, TT, JJ, some kind of suited connector like 89s, or even KK (but he probably would have 3-bet preflop with KK). AA for villain is unlikely since he probably would have 3-bet preflop, too.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

thx for the comments

paul

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Whoa, I don't really like this at all, I must admit. Against a tight re-raiser I am 3-betting AA almost all of the time. Sure you can try to trap him, but he is not going to be folding preflop very often since his range is pretty tight and pretty strong. And he's not going to c/f KK or whatever on a ragged flop even after you 3-bet preflop. I understand that people say not to 3-bet these hands, but I still think it is wrong. I 3-bet AA/KK here all the time when he is on a hand range like AA-JJ. Definitely AA. Sometimes not KK.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Normally I agree with this. Against Xorbie, though, I think you really have to think about your lines here. What is Hero's hand range for re-raising OOP? If he knows you're tight, he might give you AA-JJ as a hand range. In which case, you're very likely going to face a raise on this flop or a call to take away on turn. You would from me.

[/ QUOTE ]

you would try to take this away with a delayed bluff or something when half the time (based on the range you gave) you'll be looking at a big set?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't get that either. TWP, are you saying that if you had a AA or QQ here you would often check, so when 2Paul2 bets here you assume he does not have a set, thus can take it away later?

[/ QUOTE ]
He might not bet AA/QQ. But he also might not bet KK/JJ. But basically, there are more combinations of KK/JJ than they are of AA/QQ. And even if we add AK to his range, he can't love the queen on the flop since he is now behind QQ and AQ. So, especially if I have a gutshot or a backdoor flush draw or whatever, I am likely to call the flop in position and then try to steal on the turn if he checks.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:49 PM

Hey TWP,

Don't mean to highjack the thread, but a question for you. Do you get CR'd a lot? Against players who are as aggro as you, I love to CR 'em BIG regularly, and I'm finding more people taking that approach with me when I'm LAGing it up lately. Have you found a standard line you like against this, or do you just slow down when this starts happening? Usually, I've found myself forced to slow down some and try to get them to pull their big CR when I'm strong enough to get it in the middle (which might not be all that particularly strong, depending on how often they're doing it). Just curious.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:56 PM

No. People do not check/raise often. And when a player starts to check/raise me I adjust against him. I become more likely to take free cards. I become more likely 3-bet over his check/raises. Obviously you can't do the same thing that you were doing once he adjusts to you. I usually give up the first one or two times he check/raises and then once I see that his check/raise frequency has actually changed and it is not just that he was getting a run of cards then I adjust my betting frequency against him.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:17 PM

I check here and fold to a decent bet. xorbie or not.