Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 01:39 PM

Default USC -12 @ ND. guess which network???

my USC friends seem pretty nervous about this game. don't have confidence that they will be able to make the huge comeback again in front of a seriously jacked up ND crowd. of course, maybe USC gets out to fast start this week.

bottomline, i think i like USC -12... i think ND has played really well but they are moving way up in class here.

i can't believe this game is A) 3:30 pm (would have been certain it would be night time) AND B) on NBC (didn't know they still do ND games).
Old 10-14-2005, 01:44 PM

Default Re: USC -12 @ ND. guess which network???

[ QUOTE ]
NBC (didn't know they still do ND games).

[/ QUOTE ]

They do almost all ND games
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2005, 01:46 PM

ND has definitely been on other networks this year... and maybe my local NBC affiliate is putting on infomercials or something cause i sure haven't ND on NBC this year. past seasons absolutely (but that's my point).
Old 10-14-2005, 02:37 PM

NCB carries every ND home game. If its ND is on the road then they don't have the television rights.

I love the USC pick. Too many people jumping on the ND Bandwagon and their wins over Michigan, Purdue, Pitt aren't looking so good right now. USC will be ready...it is obvious they were looking past Arizona last week.

P.S. I hate both programs so I'm impartial.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NCB carries every ND home game. If its ND is on the road then they don't have the television rights.

I love the USC pick. Too many people jumping on the ND Bandwagon and their wins over Michigan, Purdue, Pitt aren't looking so good right now. USC will be ready...it is obvious they were looking past Arizona last week.

P.S. I hate both programs so I'm impartial.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks... it's wierd. i just haven't noticed notre dame on NBC this year. and i have digital TV so i'm always going by that channel with the program listing and i never see ND football.

looking forward to tomorrow's game. and i agree: notre dame has done really, really well this year, but i think they are stepping way up in class here.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:38 PM

USC -12, this game is an easy pick. ND is not that good this year. They certainly are no better than Oregon or ASU. USC has been playing like crap lately, and will be ready for this game. ND has 3 wins against awful teams, 1 close win against a very bad Michigan on the road, and a loss to a mediocre MSU at home.

I don't see this one being close.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:41 PM

NBC's contract is for ND home games. ND games on the road can/will show up on other networks.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:11 PM

I'm a HUGE USC fan and I have absolutely no worries. Honestly I think that TE for ND got USC pumped up enough to not come out slow. Hopefully we come out with the run more. That grass ain't good for the passing game but LenDale should have another HUGE game.

I may tease USC and the Over if they post an over. Did they? I haven't checked. Looks like the public is all over ND though. 62% Spread, 93% moneyline. WOW!
Old 10-14-2005, 06:18 PM

Total is 70.5, thats alot....
Old 10-14-2005, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Total is 70.5, thats alot....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it does seem a bit high. Also, I just heard that ND has let the grass grow extra long on the field this week, (this on ESPN)in order to make for a slow track. I was thinking about the under before this news, now I'm definitely on it for 1 unit.