Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 04:36 AM

Default Re: AQs play along with me

ok i was torn between pushing an checking on the turn. the problem with pushing is i think i could lose the only made hand i beat AJ an get called by everything else. i decided to check and see if i could get a cheap river because i felt the only way i was ahead was the limper drawing and the pf raiser having AJ but thats kind of thin.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Hero ($100)
UTG ($83.10)
MP ($120.58)
CO ($42)
Button ($95)
SB ($64.35)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $3</font>, SB (poster) calls $2.50, Hero calls $2, UTG calls $2, CO calls $2.

Flop: ($15) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, UTG calls $10, CO folds, Button calls $10, SB folds.

Turn: ($45) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $10</font>, Hero calls $10, UTG calls $10.

River: ($75) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $30</font>, Hero?

so do i have to call on the river? should i have blocked the river? should i push the river? any more comments on the turn now you can see the hand in full?

paul
Old 11-14-2005, 04:50 AM

my cut off is A9, on the button, and if i get it i raise as if it was AK

i dont like the fact you ck the turn makes it seem your previous bet was a bluff, and he can bet here with any ACE, and the fact that he bet 10 like you did i dont really think hew has AK, because my read on you and the other caller is that your chasing the str8, chasing the flush, or you have a K.

the river is a must call, or check raise, cant see someone having AK and not rerasing the flop with 2 spade, and not think someone might have any other 2 overcards trying to make the str8
Old 11-14-2005, 04:53 AM

Default what did they have

?
Old 11-14-2005, 01:50 PM

Default Re: what did they have

i called, other guy folded an i lost to KK. i really hate the way i played this hand from start to finish.

meh

paul
Old 11-14-2005, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i decided to check and see if i could get a cheap river because i felt the only way i was ahead was the limper drawing and the pf raiser having AJ but thats kind of thin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on this read, you have to put your opponent on specifically A9 in order to call this river.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:19 PM

as i said i hate the way i played this hand an that includes river which i prolly could of folded.

paul
Old 11-14-2005, 02:33 PM

Default Re: what did they have

That was a tough one. The villian extracted just about the max from you on this hand with his well disguised set. His slow play on the flop was brilliant/risky and set him up for a loss to any diamond on the river.

The queen on the river was your worst possible card and committed you to a call I think. Any diamond and you are the genius rather than the loser.

A preflop raise may have given you more information about his hand (villian would likely reraise and show you the strength of his holdings, maybe then you could make a good laydown with your premium hand OOP) [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2005, 02:46 PM

I feel that checking the turn is the worst option. It allows the many possible draws to draw for free.

I think in this case, the choice comes down to push or pot. But in order to decide, I'd need to see everyone's stack.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel that checking the turn is the worst option. It allows the many possible draws to draw for free.

I think in this case, the choice comes down to push or pot. But in order to decide, I'd need to see everyone's stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
turn ($42)

8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

effective stacks 77 now.

[/ QUOTE ]