Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 06:00 PM

Default Re: PokerAce GameTime+ PlayerView

[ QUOTE ]
Does that feature for Pokerstars? I haven't seen it yet (truthfully, I didn't realize it was there).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, if you have the option selected. With PokerStars, there are two ways to use PA Hud. One that uses the Instant Hand History window and one that uses the Hand History directory. Using the IHH method allows you to see stats on observed tables. Using the Hand History method requires that you be seated and dealt into the hand.

There's more information in the tutorial on my website (see profile).

Also, I should point out that the latest PokerStars update broke the auto-launching of the IHH window feature of PA Hud. You should go to the Requests menu and choose Display Instant Hand History prior to opening any tables.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:23 PM

I used PAHUD for a little bit, and it, in my opinion, was horrible. I play at pokerstars, fwiw. It does have the nifty little feature of automatically finding tables, however, it was extremely difficult to set it up for my tables, and it displayed things incorrectly, ie: stats at the wrong spot, and mucked showdown cards on the wrong spot. Also, it stopped working once they started selling it. This made me very angry, but whatever, if you want to make money, have fun, it just isn't cool to relinquish the use from people who helped you while it was testing. I use Gametime+ now, and I find it massively superior, except it doesn't auto show mucked cards. Stats for every player are shown, taken from action only at the table, whereas you need x number of hands with PAHUD to get stats to show up.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does that feature for Pokerstars? I haven't seen it yet (truthfully, I didn't realize it was there).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, if you have the option selected. With PokerStars, there are two ways to use PA Hud. One that uses the Instant Hand History window and one that uses the Hand History directory. Using the IHH method allows you to see stats on observed tables. Using the Hand History method requires that you be seated and dealt into the hand.

There's more information in the tutorial on my website (see profile).

Also, I should point out that the latest PokerStars update broke the auto-launching of the IHH window feature of PA Hud. You should go to the Requests menu and choose Display Instant Hand History prior to opening any tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Josh. I am not very tech savy, so I never would have found that one.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I used PAHUD for a little bit, and it, in my opinion, was horrible. I play at pokerstars, fwiw. It does have the nifty little feature of automatically finding tables, however, it was extremely difficult to set it up for my tables, and it displayed things incorrectly, ie: stats at the wrong spot, and mucked showdown cards on the wrong spot. Also, it stopped working once they started selling it. This made me very angry, but whatever, if you want to make money, have fun, it just isn't cool to relinquish the use from people who helped you while it was testing. I use Gametime+ now, and I find it massively superior, except it doesn't auto show mucked cards. Stats for every player are shown, taken from action only at the table, whereas you need x number of hands with PAHUD to get stats to show up.

[/ QUOTE ]

well judging by the majority it seems like pokerace works pretty good. i myself downloaded it today and it works flawlessly. it seems like your problem is a pretty isolated one maybe based on software or config problems. your fully entitled to your opinions, but your practically attacking the creator of pokerace for problems that nobody else seems to have had. and if he wants to sell his software, he has every right to being that he dedicated his time and resources into it to help out the rest of the community.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Were you playing on a 6 max table? If you were and if you would've read the tutorial, you would've found that you need to right-click the table name in PA Hud and tell it to treat the table as 6 max.

The reason it "stopped working" was because PokerStars made an update to their software that broke the code in PA Hud that automatically opens the Instant Hand History window. All you need to do is open it manually before you start playing and things will work normally. This will be fixed in the next version.

You can also change the minimum hands required in PA Hud and tell it to filter for the current session only if that's what you wish.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:41 PM

I just see no reason in paying $25 for the ability to auto-load tables. GT+ is available free, and as far as I can tell, auto-load is the only functionality that is missing.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:52 PM

It is much more than that, but if GT+ works for you, then no argument will convince you otherwise. I believe PA HUD is superior (I have used them both for over 20k hands), but maybe it is a Cadillac and you are happy with your Toyota. To each his own.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:49 AM

Josh,

Does version 1.00 support miniview (UB and Prima)?

The one thing that I really like about GT+ is the ability to hang the stats around the periphery of the Miniview windows. Can I do this with PAHUD?

Also, specifially on Prima, I like to set my table options so that I'm always seated at the same table location. This heelps tremendously when Multitabling. I've been playing 6 Max nearly exclusively and get a lot of decisions thrown in my lap every so often. I find that it's much easier to always look in the same relative table position to act in reasonable time.

With GT+ on Prima, I've got to shuffle the stats around to make sure they're at the correct seat.

I tried PAHUD a month or so ago and really liked the configurability, autofind, etc. but wasn't really able to use it how I would like due to the issue(s) above.

- Snake
Old 11-08-2005, 03:15 AM

Snake,

Version 1.0 does not support the mini views or the seating issue. These things are on my list though and they will be done. There's just not enough hours in the day I'm afraid. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]