Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 12:29 AM

Default Prospective stat for Poker Ace: PFR magnitude

I was thinking about a stat that would give more information about PFR, by measuring the size of PFR, in big blind increments. Wouldn't it be nice to glance at a prospective table (or Table Averages list) and know if a lot of raises are mini raises, as opposed to 4-6xbb. This would also useful for individual players. For example: a LAG with pfr of +15%, and a raise magnitude of say 2.2 (2 = miniraise), makes a real raise. That looks like a bad lag with a good hand. I think this stat would be most useful for SSNL/PL and mutlti-tabling.

I posted the above (more or less) at the features request forum at PA. Josh would like to hear some opinions. You can post there (use the url below), or here, and I will let Josh know about this post.

PA forum post
Old 12-14-2005, 01:04 AM

Default Re: Prospective stat for Poker Ace: PFR magnitude

I concur.

I'd had a similar thought about bet magnitude. I had one player who would always bet the flop for 1BB. He ended up with an agression rating of 11.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:12 AM

Bump. Feedback needed please.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:40 AM

um, sounds good? Isn't there a forum for this?
Old 12-14-2005, 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a stat specifically for NL so I thought this might be an appropriate forum. Maybe I'm mistaken.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a stat specifically for NL so I thought this might be an appropriate forum. Maybe I'm mistaken.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean, I thought there was a PAHud forum. Maybe I'm thinking of the PT forum, cuz I know I've seen "I think this would be a good stat" posts before.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:11 PM

Go the PA HUD website and post this on their forums. Josh is very responsive.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I posted the above (more or less) at the features request forum at PA. Josh would like to hear some opinions. You can post there (use the url below), or here, and I will let Josh know about this post.

PA forum post

[/ QUOTE ]

No one seems to be paying attention to the content of your post. I agree with you.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:27 PM

A PFR magnitude does nothing for me peronally and I really don't understand the point. Do you really think that someone lets say raises 50 times and that they will always only mini-raise and then suddenly raise a large amount and you shouldn't ALREADY be aware of this if you've looked at the game at all. Not to mention this thing called the law of averages and the fact that it's unlikely that something will deviate enough to allow you to make a solid conclusion.

Sorry I just don't get it. I mean I understand what you're saying, I just don't see a way to make it applicable enough to apply a read. Understanding raises is more about seeing what people raised, and in what position, and matching that with some sort of pattern based on the hands they show down.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not to mention this thing called the law of averages and the fact that it's unlikely that something will deviate enough to allow you to make a solid conclusion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention that in reality there is NO SUCH THING as the Law of Averages [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. The law of averages implies that things are due to even out, when such a thing is never DUE (and so stems the gambler's fallacy- i.e. "I haven't hit a set in the last 20 hands, I'm due to soon." Statistics are blind to the past), but simply tend to happen. Maybe you meant the law of large numbers? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]