Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 10:22 AM

Default Re: Collusion???

Thanks for the spelling correction. I usually pride myself on it. I don't disagree with you at all. However, is it outside the realm of possibility to say, "Hey, buddy, I need you to bet, so that I can raise and remove the odds for 2 pair to draw to a full house."

In this situation, you know that there is going to be a 2 pair out there with this many players and 4 cards in the playing zone. Is this not possible? If I were going to cheat with a partner, I would certainly do this here to protect a big pot.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:28 AM

Before worrying about collusion, worry about how badly you butchered this hand.

Raise the flop. You very likely have the best hand, and there are 3 other players who you may just push out, or at least make them pay for staying.

Raising the flop will also likely change the action on the turn. You have the button for crying out loud, so there's a good chance you'll get a free card if need be. Further, even if UTG+2 bets the turn, your flop raise will proabably make MP2 think think twice about proceeding/raising with his 7-high flush draw.

When you're only facing one bet, getting better than 11:1 on the turn, you can profitably call with a 4-outer to a boat.

Adam
Old 08-26-2005, 10:29 AM

again, you give to much credit to your opponents. sure, it's POSSIBLE that he's thinking:

"there is going to be a 2 pair out there with this many players and 4 cards in the playing zone"

it is just as possible, actually much more likely, that he is thinking:

"just one more diamond and i'll recover some of losses from earlier. come on baby, i'm due! i'm due!"
Old 08-26-2005, 10:31 AM

Best of all, you would've suspected nothing had the river blanked.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the spelling correction. I usually pride myself on it. I don't disagree with you at all. However, is it outside the realm of possibility to say, "Hey, buddy, I need you to bet, so that I can raise and remove the odds for 2 pair to draw to a full house."

In this situation, you know that there is going to be a 2 pair out there with this many players and 4 cards in the playing zone. Is this not possible? If I were going to cheat with a partner, I would certainly do this here to protect a big pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
its possible, but i just don't find it too likely that two people (that know how to collude) are using their skills to pick off poor unsuspecting victims in the high-stakes 3/6 game.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Before worrying about collusion, worry about how badly you butchered this hand.

Raise the flop. You very likely have the best hand, and there are 3 other players who you may just push out, or at least make them pay for staying.

Raising the flop will also likely change the action on the turn. You have the button for crying out loud, so there's a good chance you'll get a free card if need be. Further, even if UTG+2 bets the turn, your flop raise will proabably make MP2 think think twice about proceeding/raising with his 7-high flush draw.

When you're only facing one bet, getting better than 11:1 on the turn, you can profitably call with a 4-outer to a boat.

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I may have butchered it in retrospect. I had the thought that with so many callers between me and the orignal bettor, that I would wait for the turn to raise. I wanted to see how the turn card changed the pot equity and then raise a safe card (fold to a diamond). That may have been an incorrect line in retrospect. I don't know, can I make a case for that rather unusual play in a large pot?
Old 08-26-2005, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
its possible, but i just don't find it too likely that two people (that know how to collude) are using their skills to pick off poor unsuspecting victims in the high-stakes 3/6 game.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least they are sophisticated enough to have one of them play trash hands so their collusion isn't completely obvious.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard lots of people bragging at parties about colluding 3/6 all the time. Maybe that just drunken words, but I'm sure that its being tried somewhere. 90% of them probably end up losing because they don't know how to collude, but then there is that other 10%. They might start out colluding a low level until they work up enough juice for the higher stakes.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Best of all, you would've suspected nothing had the river blanked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally, I would agree with that, but in this situation, it wouldn't have mattered. I was finishing off a multitable session here and it was the last table open. I would have not been happy with it either way. I've turned someone in for pulling the plug all-in when it cost the cheater $100 (because of a 3rd player). He was so stupid that he admitted to pulling the plug in chat and asked me why I cared so much since it, in effect, was a $200 positive swing for me. I replied, "integrity." He was banned.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:28 PM

I wouldn't worry about collusion on the basis of one questionable (or more likely just idiotic) play. If these two players repeatedly do something like this, you might have something to worry about.