Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2005, 01:05 AM

Default online poker school

Any comments on http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/pokerschool/

Particularly in looking at their advanced lessons, etc...

thanks in advance.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:55 AM

Default Re: online poker school

I don't know about the advanced lessons but the play on PSO is pretty good. Lots of information there as well.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:58 AM

They have a ranking system for their players there and give out sponcerships to the higher ranked players thus causing the play to be much better than usualy play-money play. And the folks their are trying to get better instead of just "playing around"

Again, I know nothing of the advanced teaching and have not been on there for 6 months or so.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:25 AM

i just don't see how it can be better than grinding it out at the real tables and finding out what works best for you.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:36 AM

Just don't buy anything from their store.
Old 01-26-2005, 11:08 AM

Nothing there that isn't available everywhere else. Right about the only reason to pay is that their play money tables actually play like real money. Almost no ring game action though, but lots of tournament action.

The forums is lightyears behind this when it comes to information.

All in all I suggest you deposit your $15 to a site with 0.01/0.02 limits and start playing for real.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:58 PM

Playing micro limits for real money would give you far better experience then what this site offers. Post hands on these boards. This site has far more valuable updated information then poker school.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:06 PM

thanks for all the replies, I have been playing online for the past year and a half. I win in my 1/2 nl games, etc.. I was just looking about their advanced lessons and if they were of any use in taking before moving up. i'll probably just keep reading for now and maybe e-mail them to see what their response is on improving a somewhat experienced players nl game.

thanks again for your comments.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:57 PM

I would offer the same advice I've seen here before: Try Poker School Online for a month and see if you like it. They offer a full refund of the $15 membership fee if you cancel within the 1st 30 Days.

I have been a member at PSO for eight or nine months, I've been lurking here diligently for the same length of time, I read lots books on poker and I play a fair amount at real money sites. I find good value/benefit in both PSO and 2+2. My game (mostly $10/$20/$30 SnGs) has improved but can't say which has contributed more.

As I think about it, I believe PSO has helped me the most in learning how to make it "in the money" in large (many player) tournaments. I want to become competitive in the bigger weekly tournaments and the upcoming ISOP here. PSO is great practice for those kinds of events.