Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 07:03 PM

Default Re: Anti-racists keep the black man down

A guy at my job with a major Canadian corporation last summer was furious that there were exactly zero non-white senior management and wrote a letter to the executives on the Intranet asking what is being done to correct this.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:58 PM

Some dude at your work is angry their all white?. That's different than 'people are demanding legislation.'
Old 10-17-2005, 09:51 PM

"Some dude", while a good guy, was a big anti-racist activist and we had lots of disagreements about the subject. The fact that this even occured to him suggests that it is an issue that has been discussed in militant equality circles and that it probably will come up sooner or later.

Again, don't think that I don't support the idea of equality and integration, but I don't think attitudes can be legislated.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:42 PM

one point: i think alot of other people came to america, and lived in the cities, while blacks were in the south where after the civil war there was extreme poverty and no economy. they werent wanted in the north and never had a proper footing -- where as other people arrived in and set up their own little country, ie china town.

blacks then ended up in ghettos. even today, black ghettos stay ghettos because of lack of investment, economy, etc. no jobs -> crime -> drugs -> bad family structure -> repetitive cycle.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:45 PM

i also dont think rappers are doing much to help their people, when they just keeping chanting: "white man keep us down. we cant do anything. school is pointless. sell drugs."
Old 10-17-2005, 10:45 PM

I think this is accurate - also, slavery and segregation attempted to destroy any black culture, whereas many Asians have maintained a strong connection to their homeland and culture.