Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2005, 12:58 PM

Default What is the best sleeping schedule?

I graduated from school and went pro about a month ago. At the same time my live in girlfriend left the country for about 2 months, so I'm living on my own.

This is the first time in my life where I'm not being told when to wake up every day (either by a job, school, or girlfriend). As a result, I have been going to bed later and later. This past week I've been falling asleep around 5-6AM and waking up between 1 and 2.

There are advantages and disadvantages:

Advantages:
poker games are better late at night.

I get to watch a lot of quality infomercials, such as Billy Blanks Boot Camp workout video.

Disadvantages:

-It feels like there are fewer hours in the day. The hours between 2-6AM are totally useless to me.

-I feel incredibly lazy and lethargic waking up at 2PM

- Since nobody I know stays up so late, I'm spending 1/3 of my waking hours complete devoid of social interaction by default.

- Even though the games are good, I usually end up playing only 3-4 hours/day because of my laziness. I was hoping on getting 6-7.

Today for some bizarre reason, I woke up at 9, after falling asleep at 5AM. On a whim I decided to not go back to sleep, and instead walked outside to get a coffee, and I've decided to start playing poker now, despite the crappy games.

Despite only 4 hours of sleep, my energy level right now is much higher than usual.

If you have no reason to wake up at a certain time every day, when do you choose to sleep, and why?