Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 05:36 AM

Default Re: The dude who cried when his K high flush lost

I've been playing for a long time and never saw anybody cry at the table before. I've seen some people whose lives were ruin by gambling cry in a bar, but not at the table.

There's no crying in poker(at the table).
Old 10-27-2005, 06:41 AM

Hands like these happen.

Sucks.

But there's always the next hand

Don't friggen cry. You're a grown man.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He went to IU, I Had some classes with him. He ranted about a bad beat for over 30 minutes at the 1k Derby Clash at Caesars Indiana a few months ago. Every single person in the tourney heard about it.

I don't know why he was so hard on himself about the hand, not sure how you fold there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I KNEW he looked familiar. When I saw him, I told the wife, "Hey...I think I've played with this dude at Caesars before."

If I remember correctly, it was early 2004 when I was relatively new to poker, he sat on my left at a 4/8 game. He was a HUGE table coach as I remembered getting lectured on how I played a few hands, etc. He was also telling me in detail about his plans to be a pro, and watching himself in the mirror for tells. Even at the time when my poker education consisted of skimming through "Play Poker Like the Pros" and a Ken Warren book, I could tell the dude was a tool.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been playing for a long time and never saw anybody cry at the table before. I've seen some people whose lives were ruin by gambling cry in a bar, but not at the table.

There's no crying in poker(at the table).

[/ QUOTE ]

I once lost to a runnerrunnerrunnerrunner draw, and that was when my parets drove all the way down from michigan to see my play the game! and did I cry? No. Do you know why?
Old 10-27-2005, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I'll give him a mulligan too on that one. I did laugh when he said that though. My UPC TV appearance is next month, and I am already fearing how dumb I'll look in the interviews. I talk extremely fast and not sure if I made any sense at all. My exit interview was stupid too but that was the interviewers fault, his question made zero sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't think he meant anything by it. He seemed to say it in a way like he was just awestruck that he got so far. A sort of, "How cool is this?" comment.

I took his statement to mean not so much that college kids would want to "be like him," but that they'd see what he was able to accomplish and believe that they could possibly do it, too.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:39 PM

i asked this in the other thread, but no one answered..

did the kid show his cards? He was agonizing over a call with the 2nd nuts, and this wasn't a feature table.

Hate to further the conspiracy theory, but maybe ESPN made up his cards here.

I don't remmeber the board, but if there was a strraight or something, and he called with that, i could undnerstand him flipping out at himself.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:53 PM

Everyone keeps saying its was a 3 flush board, I may be wrong but I remember it as the fourth flush card hitting on the river and he calls a big bet.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone keeps saying its was a 3 flush board, I may be wrong but I remember it as the fourth flush card hitting on the river and he calls a big bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
im 99% it was a 3flush board. two hearts on flop, diamond turn, heart river.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:30 PM

Crying is an emotion. Laughing is an emotion. Celebrating is an emotion. Anger is an emotion. Being serious is an emotion.

There are many emotions expressed many times at the WSOP. Let's not pretend that great poker players are emotionless.

And I say this with great emotion.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:34 PM

emotion runs my playstation...