Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Nine Guys, No Weapons

lol,

Old 10-07-2005, 01:31 PM

Apparently, the Limited Edition Blue Fury goes for serious money on eBay. If I felt like bypassing the web filtering at work, I'd post a link.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Michael Beck as Swan, the Warrior's new leader after Cleon gets waxed. . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI, Michael Beck passed away about a month or so ago.

Great movie. I remember being in grade school as a kid when this opened. None of our parents wanted to let us go because there were rumors about fights breaking out during screenings which was probably mostly bullshit. Anyway, we all snuck in to see it. Alas, no fights.

Another thing. While cool in the movie (and still so today), after hearing some fourth grader say "Can You Dig It!" or "Warriors, come out and plaaaayyy!" for like the ten-thousandth time, it was not so cool.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

deadoraliveinfo.com has him as alive at 56 years old. Might have been a different Mike Beck? His Imbd seems to have him working pretty steady since The Warriors but mostly on TV movies and guest appearances on Nash Bridges and JAG.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:30 PM

The DJ from "The Warriors" is the woman who plays (played?) The Chief in "Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?"
Old 10-07-2005, 08:24 PM

Fantastic movie, and faithfully follows the geography of New York for the Warriors to make their way back to Coney Island with everyone out to get them.

But you seriously think that the Furies are scary in the movie but would be funny in real life?

To me it is the exact opposite. They look absolutely ludicrous on screen, but if I were to find myself face to face with 5 guys in clown makeup, uniforms and baseball bats, that refused to talk, with no one else around, I would be extremely perturbed.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fantastic movie, and faithfully follows the geography of New York for the Warriors to make their way back to Coney Island with everyone out to get them.

[/ QUOTE ]
One of my favorite movie lines ever comes from "The Warriors." When contemplating the trip from the Bronx to Coney Island, one of the Warriors guesses that it must be "fifty or a hundred miles from here!"

I have a friend who is a producer for the upcoming game. He says it's based on the original, not the remake, and that it features some new voice acting from members of the original cast.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

deadoraliveinfo.com has him as alive at 56 years old. Might have been a different Mike Beck? His Imbd seems to have him working pretty steady since The Warriors but mostly on TV movies and guest appearances on Nash Bridges and JAG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reports of his death have been premature. I am very happy to be totally wrong about this and should have double-checked before I postedthis nonsense.

In my drug-damaged brain I had a very clear recollecton of reading an obit about one of the leads from "The Warriors" while I was at the gym this past summer. It turns out I had read the wedding announcement for David Patrick Kelly ("Warriors, come out and plaaayyy!!") and that got sort of twisted.

I guess I done fried my brain but good. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2005, 10:13 PM

James Remar (Ajax) also has had a long and successful career, including playing Samantha's [censored] boss and lover on Sex and the City.

James Remar

Deborah van Valkenburgh (Mercy) also had some success - she later was a regular on the 80s Ted Knight sitcom, "Too Close for Comfort."

The woman who played the DJ, Lynn Thigpen, was an accomplished, Tony-Award winning actress who died a few years ago.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But you seriously think that the Furies are scary in the movie but would be funny in real life?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, maybe these demented rejects from the intramural wing of the Kiss Army would invoke some fear:

But these guys, the "High Hats", from earlier in the movie, can not be taken as a serious threat. If I saw these guys coming I'd reach for change, not run:

These are from link which seems to have everything on the movie, remake, and game.

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently the DVD re-release ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I just read about the re-release. It is supposed to have the director's cut with the extended beginning on it. Total coincidence about us renting last night, it was just an old copy on VHS.