Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 12:16 PM

Default Re: don\'t know anything about macs, help?

hmmm good advice so far. im gonna go to the apple store and look at them. right now im considering getting both a smaller 12" ibook for travel/fun and a better dell laptop for "the game"
Old 09-30-2005, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bat. life. These things suck juice really quickly. Other than that, nothing. Mac OS is so much better than PC. Faster and less crashes.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what it says on the apple site.

<font color="blue"> Lasts Up to 6 Hours
Thanks to your iBook’s built-in energy-saving features, you’ll get up to 6 hours of battery life — perfect for long nights at the library or plane trips home. </font>
Old 09-30-2005, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bat. life. These things suck juice really quickly. Other than that, nothing. Mac OS is so much better than PC. Faster and less crashes.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what it says on the apple site.

<font color="blue"> Lasts Up to 6 Hours
Thanks to your iBook’s built-in energy-saving features, you’ll get up to 6 hours of battery life — perfect for long nights at the library or plane trips home. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
well, I have a powerbook and maybe the battery gets eaten faster. But my battery realy lasts about 4 hrs.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a new theory on MAC...

They cost so goddamn much that people are afraid to admit they don't actually like it after they just got raped on the cost.

Instead of looking like a fool, they just talk about how great it is, even though they can't run any good programs and if they break anything, are going to have to dish out an other arm, in addition to the arm and the leg they already shelled out for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on what you mean by good programs. Poker programs? No, there arent many. Creative programs? The best programs made only run on Macs. Parts are expensive but Macs are much more durable than PCs. The Mac Powerbook I have has only once in 3 years messed up and Apple had it picked up next day, fixed it and sent it back the following day free of charge. Macs are more expensive to buy, but if you are buying a Mac for the right reason you will certainly get your money's worth.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:50 PM

My 15" Powerbook is dead after around 2.5 hours of constant use.

Other than that, I recommend Macs. If you have an old PC at home, you can always Remote Desktop Connection in to play whatever that game you play is.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

They cost so goddamn much that people are afraid to admit they don't actually like it after they just got raped on the cost.

Instead of looking like a fool, they just talk about how great it is, even though they can't run any good programs and if they break anything, are going to have to dish out an other arm, in addition to the arm and the leg they already shelled out for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on what you mean by good programs. Poker programs? No, there arent many. Creative programs? The best programs made only run on Macs. Parts are expensive but Macs are much more durable than PCs. The Mac Powerbook I have has only once in 3 years messed up and Apple had it picked up next day, fixed it and sent it back the following day free of charge. Macs are more expensive to buy, but if you are buying a Mac for the right reason you will certainly get your money's worth.

[/ QUOTE ]

.... and my theory stands.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

.... and my theory stands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess?