Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 08:02 PM

Default KK vs. TAG and fish

Villain is BB (15/11/3.5, 1300 hands), Fish is Button (44/8/1.2, 80 hands)

Villain is a thinking, very tight multitabler (I have many more hands on him than most) who seems to wait for big pairs / AK and plays very aggresively when he's in a hand. Villain probably has ~20/10/2.5 stats on me.

Fish calls too often with marginal hands...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $2.
2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 (poster) checks, 1 fold, Button calls, Hero raises</font>, BB 3-bets, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (14 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 players)
Hero bets, BB raises, MP2 folds, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players)
Hero bets, with the intention of 3-betting.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:05 PM

Default Re: KK vs. TAG and fish

Why didn't you cap preflop?

I think you should just 3-bet the flop too. If I was villain I would see right through your turn donk bet, getting the most from you when ahead while losing least when behind. You also extract less from fish this way.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:09 PM

Why did you call Preflop, surely it gives both value, and if he respects you it doesn't give youe hand away either.

The turn is bizarre, you slowed down on the flop, only to donkbet the turn. This paly slows your opponents down, then if you get raised (very troubling given what your opponents must think you have) you want to 3bet.

Don't rate this line.

Cap Preflop. 3bet Flop. Bet/Call turn. Evaluate river.

JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2005, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot to add that as soon as villain 3-bet me preflop, I instantly planned on going for deception since he was so aggresive postflop (give up equity now to get more later). I guess I might have gave up too much equity preflop since there were 4 players in. I'll have to look at this.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why did you call Preflop, surely it gives both value, and if he respects you it doesn't give youe hand away either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand what you are saying here... are you saying you like the flop call because it hides my hand?
Old 09-22-2005, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot to add that as soon as villain 3-bet me preflop, I instantly planned on going for deception since he was so aggresive postflop (give up equity now to get more later). I guess I might have gave up too much equity preflop since there were 4 players in. I'll have to look at this.

[/ QUOTE ]
u got the point. i cap this preflop everytime a limper comes along the ride, its just too much equity to pass up, especially if theres 2 of them.