Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2005, 01:54 PM

Default Empire VIP freerolls

How many are usually entered in these $10K Empire VIP 'freerolls' that cost 2000 EP? I am thinking of entering but since it won't show up til after reg closes, I wanted to get a handle on how many usually play before deciding if it's worth it.
Old 06-22-2005, 04:44 PM

Default Re: Empire VIP freerolls

I love how they call them freerolls, when obviously it's like a $20 MTT. 1000 EPoints has exactly $10 cash value, since you can exchange the points for money in the gift store. As for the freerolls, i'm interested in the strucutre/number of people that usually sign up as well.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:17 PM

I think about 250 or so if I remember correctly.

I get these mixed-up with the 'everyone' WSOP freerolls where you just need 3k raked-hands that month to register.

But I think the VIP ones were 250-300 players or so....and the 'raked-hands' ones were closer to 400-500 or so.

The VIP ones are a decent value.

At 250 players (and giving away $10k) then your entry has $40 in value. but it only 'costs' 2k points which is only worth $20 in cash-back. So I considered them to be an overlay of sorts.

Corey and Jurollo won their seats in these freerolls (I forget who won which type) so perhaps they will remember the number of players involved a little bit better than me.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:31 PM

Can you assign the seat to someone else if you win?
Old 06-22-2005, 08:32 PM

Mine was not a VIP freeroll. It was the end-of-month freeroll if you played 2500 hands. I'm way away from getting to VIP status (I don't play MTT's).
Old 06-22-2005, 08:47 PM

I had VIP and there was 330 give or take in my freeroll, harsh payout strcuture though, 1 prize. If they run $10K freerolls for actual cash I might even come back there for a guest appearence soon.
~Justin
Old 06-22-2005, 09:54 PM

They only pay first place?
Old 06-22-2005, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They only pay first place?

[/ QUOTE ]

The VIP did. The regular freeroll paid top 2, but it was 880 entrants or so.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:15 PM

880?? Wow. I don't remember it being that much. guess my numvers were a bit off.

Yes...it only pays first place (or top 2 places in the one's where you have to play 2500 or 3k hands).

in the VIP 'free'roll 1st place gets the WSOP package worth $10k (they don't even cover flight or hotel MUCH to jurollo's disappointment I'm sure).
..2nd place gets nothing.

At 330 players for the 'free'roll it's not a huge bargain but is still okay.
Each entry is now worth about $33. Whereas the 2k in points would normally be worth $20.

however....for both of these events it's worth noting that there will be several no-shows so your value is actually a bit better than that. The VIP one where you have to register 72 hours or more in advance just lends itself to a situation where many players who can 'maybe' make it sign-up.

Also - there might be fewer sign-ups for it now because players like me and Jurollo and Corey (and others who have already qualified for the WSOP will not be playing in the freeroll (obviously I would probably play in it if I hadn't already qualified).
So I think that could lead to a situation where you get slightly fewer registrants in the last of these freerolls that are so close to the actual event.
(you also have people that won't play it just because 2 or 3 weeks away would be too soon to try to make plans to attend if they somehow were to win).
Old 06-22-2005, 10:58 PM

If it is this friday I might play in it again, even if it is the WSOP one again, I would just get cash for the entry.
~Justin