Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 07:06 PM

Default $100 live NL hand JT suited with flush draw

Had this hand last night. Table is awful as usual, laggy and random...J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in MP. Sitting on about $320. One EP caller, I limp for $4, seat behind me makes it $12 to go. One caller behind him, both blinds call and me and the other limper call as well.

flop: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

both blinds check and EP limper who is an old wild man makes it $60 to go. I call, PFR folds and LP calls. SB thinks for a minute before pushing all-in for about $400. Old wild man puts all his chips in and the LP caller almost beats him into the pot before I even make my decision. now what?
I know my $60 call was pretty ugly. I really didn't expect the SB to check raise all in in that spot either. He was looking for a read on me before he shoved. He didn't seem concerned about the other two in the pot. Any comments appreciated...
Old 12-11-2005, 07:16 PM

Default Re: $100 live NL hand JT suited with flush draw

Your way behind any set, and very likely to be drawing dead to a higher flush. Even if you have the highest flush draw your opponents will have enough of your outs to kill your equity.

Edit:
250 to win 930 thats about 3.7:1 on a 33% chance assuming your outs are clean and then any set has a redraw on you.
Large chance your drawing dead considering the action...I still think this is a clear fold.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:47 PM

You said you limped for $4, so is the game $100NL with $2/$4 blinds? If so, I would find a new game.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:50 AM

Well the game has 1-2-2 blinds but it's $4 to come in. The game is so unbelievably soft though I can't stop playing.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:52 AM

Default results

I muck my J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. The 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] pairs the board and the river is an offsuit three. The check raiser on the flop shows an over pair of tens. the $60 better shows 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]for top pair and a gutshot on the flop. The last guy shows pocket sevens for a rivered straight and takes it down.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:02 AM

Default Re: results

[ QUOTE ]
I muck my J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. The 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] pairs the board and the river is an offsuit three. The check raiser on the flop shows an over pair of tens. the $60 better shows 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]for top pair and a gutshot on the flop. The last guy shows pocket sevens for a rivered straight and takes it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus...where is this game? Do these people not like money?