Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 12:17 PM

Default Re: AA - SB - Standard?

[ QUOTE ]
What are the stakes?

[/ QUOTE ]
PP NL 100
Old 11-14-2005, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with the general concensus. 20 = raise the pot. raising in SB indicates a strong hand. I think you are giving that rock with the 16%vpip and 5%pfr too big of a reason to fold PF if you make it any more than 20 (25 at the most). Do what you need to do to get the pot big enough to get him all in on the flop (hopefully when it comes all unders to his hand) but not at the expense of getting this call. 50 hands isn't a lot of info, but he prolly has a good pair and you want to stack him.

Thoughts on my thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

This was kind of my line of thinking....that guy appeared to be fairly rockish and I thought he might call the $15 with AK and he might come back over the top with QQ or KK. If he was stealing with crap or something I was ok with folding them both out and taking down $11 bucks without a flop, especially out of position.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:33 PM

I like it. Hopefully you get it HU or even better get re-raised.

I played a similar hand last night with about the same stacks. Button re-raised me all-in, I instacall and win when his KQo don't improve. Moral of this story is that you always raise with AA or KK pre-flop in a standard or 6-max ring game. HU, is the only place where I think you can afford to be a little more 'tricky'.