Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2004, 11:50 AM

Default How\'s my play?

I think I made a couple of mistakes on these hands and want some feedback. TIA.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Munga is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Munga posts a blind of $1.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Munga (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 bets, MP3 calls, Munga raises, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (6 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, MP3 bets, Munga raises, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

River: (12 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, MP3 checks, Munga checks.

Final Pot: 12 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 12 BB, between Munga, MP1 and MP3.</font>

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Munga is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, Munga raises, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB bets, UTG+2 calls, Munga raises, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB bets, UTG+2 calls, Munga calls.

River: (9.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 bets, Munga folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB
Old 03-12-2004, 12:02 PM

Default Re: How\'s my play?

Hand 1: looks like you got outkicked. I'd just call the turn bet.
Hand 2: fold preflop. ATo is a trap hand of doom. It is not a raising hand at a full table.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:06 PM

Interesting hands. I'm a noob, so you can disregard most of what I say, but I'm gonna take a stab at it and hope someone corrects me [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Hand 1:

I like your play all the way to the river. I think I bet this too. Were you worried about the check/raise here from one them? With the board paired I can see a bit of caution, and your kicker is obviously a bit dubious, but with no re-raise on the turn, I'm betting out on this river.

Hand 2:

I like your play there on all streets. I'm thinking UTG+2 hit the straight there on the river, and I might even put the BB on the draw early, though with his check/call on the river I think he might have had an overpair to the flop, Tx, maybe even 9x. I like your slow down on the turn with the straight possible, and I like your lay down.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:07 PM

I would have probably bet the river in hand one. Your kicker may not be good but with two aces on the board I think that there is a good enough chance you are ahead. I may check it through in a tougher game with two opponents hanging around but not at 1/2 party.

Hand 2 - If you're going to play A-T off with only one player in then I like the pf raise. This is a hand I usually either raise or fold pf. I don't agree with the river fold though. There is a good sized pot in the middle so you better be sure you're beat before folding for one more bet. With only two opponents I think there is enough of a chance that your hand is good to make this call.