Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 05:11 PM

Default qq under the gun

This is my first post. I was short stacked at a sat. on pokerstars, 21 got paid, 12 went to london. blinds were 300 600 with 50 antes, and i had 8000. i raised to 2400, and the next seat went over the top (she had about 18000), i called, and she had aj and flopped an a. My question is, should I have: 1) raised all in preflop (my inclined answer is yes) and 2) should I have let them go, in a sat. with multiple winners, after the reraise, even though I would have been shorter stacked. Thanks!
Old 09-26-2005, 05:21 PM

Default Re: qq under the gun

how many were left?

assuming it's not under 15 or so, I would have raised to 1800 and then called a push, but you did fine. If you had a good chance of folding into the seat, you should have folded preflop, raising and then folding to a reraise is just plain bad (and if you're going to do it, raise to 3x bb not 4).
Old 09-26-2005, 05:24 PM

28 were left. I couldn't have folded into a seat, would have had to win one or more hands.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:26 PM

Since you say you were short stacked, I think you played at right. You needed more chips to win a seat. You were way ahead of AJ preflop.

I would need more information on what your stack was versus the average stack.

I assume that with 21 players and 12 seats, you were ranked well below 12th. If you were really short stacked in a supersatellite, you should not play particularly cautiously.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since you say you were short stacked, I think you played at right. You needed more chips to win a seat. You were way ahead of AJ preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

You played it well. Bad luck, don't be results oriented, you got all your chips in as a 68% favorite. You're still a long way from the money and you need action from players with hands like AJ.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:48 PM

i was in 24th place, the average stack was about 16000. Thanks.