Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 05:58 PM

Default Slow Rollers

Playing in a $100 buy in, 1-2 ring game. 8 players, all of whom were pretty decent. However, 2 of the players had the habit of slow rolling their hands. It was very irritating and I told them so. A few of the other players agreed and even added a few derogatory comments about it. But that didn't stop these two yahoos. Whenever the opportunity presented itself, they would slow roll their winning hand. The player to my left had finally had enough. He was the dealer and the hand came down to heads up between myself and one of these guys. He called my bet and I turned up two pair, Queens & Jacks. He had pocket Qs and a Q on the board gave him trips. True to form, he rolled over one card and sat there with a smirk on his face. Unfortunately for him, his down card was not protected. The dealer tossed the remaining deck on top of his unturned Q, declared it a mucked card and I won the pot. As one can imagine, the player protested loudly. The dealer acted apologetic (which he wasn't) and stated that since he had only turned over one card he thought that he intenionally mucked. The other players gladly sided with the dealer. Thoughts?
Old 09-22-2005, 06:00 PM

Default Re: Slow Rollers

Sounds like they had already been warned, and were given sweet justice. That'll teach 'em.

I side with the people who were playing the way poker should be played. What is so tough about flipping over both your hole cards at showdown?
Old 09-22-2005, 06:29 PM

If he rolled over a queen and sat back that looks like a fold to me. People often show just one card. Sounds like a good lesson to teach the guy to just flip his cards up and stop being a dick.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:35 PM

Oh how sweet it is.
NH
Old 09-22-2005, 06:41 PM

I'd say the guy deserved it. Normally, I wouldn't worry about it in a small home game, but you guys are playing for some decent cash with good players and they had been warned several times.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he rolled over a queen and sat back that looks like a fold to me. People often show just one card. Sounds like a good lesson to teach the guy to just flip his cards up and stop being a dick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. People that flip over one card or one card at a time are tools. Act like you have won a pot before and show your hand.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:04 PM

nice solution. I take it the slow rolling ended?

I would have been more obvious and just pushed the pot without killing the cards, telling the slow-roller that he folded.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:40 AM

Kick them in the face first, then muck their cards [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2005, 04:51 PM

HAHA, that's beautiful!

[ QUOTE ]
Playing in a $100 buy in, 1-2 ring game. 8 players, all of whom were pretty decent. However, 2 of the players had the habit of slow rolling their hands. It was very irritating and I told them so. A few of the other players agreed and even added a few derogatory comments about it. But that didn't stop these two yahoos. Whenever the opportunity presented itself, they would slow roll their winning hand. The player to my left had finally had enough. He was the dealer and the hand came down to heads up between myself and one of these guys. He called my bet and I turned up two pair, Queens & Jacks. He had pocket Qs and a Q on the board gave him trips. True to form, he rolled over one card and sat there with a smirk on his face. Unfortunately for him, his down card was not protected. The dealer tossed the remaining deck on top of his unturned Q, declared it a mucked card and I won the pot. As one can imagine, the player protested loudly. The dealer acted apologetic (which he wasn't) and stated that since he had only turned over one card he thought that he intenionally mucked. The other players gladly sided with the dealer. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-23-2005, 06:13 PM

Awesome..guy got what he deserved.