Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2005, 03:33 PM

Default I had a nightmare

Last evening, for the first time in a good 5 years, I had a nightmare. Most nightmares throughout my life were dreams where I was personally in immediate jeopardy. This was different. My nightmare consisted mainly of images of people who had been severly burned, scarred, or maimed. Then, the end of the nightmare had the most disturbing images, and those were of dead children lying in pools of blood.
I woke up covered in sweat and I think I caught myself at the end of a scream. I was totally freaked out and my cat was bolting from my bedroom. I am a pretty stoic person normally and usually am not disturbed by anything of a graphic nature. I am wondering whether or not to attach any meaning to this distrubing dream, or if it is something I ate that didn't digest right?
Thoughts/opinions?
Old 06-15-2005, 05:14 PM

Default Re: I had a nightmare

Don't attach any meaning to this dream. It was an isolated incident. If this dream begins to recur, maybe you want to look into it. But for now, I think searching for a signifigance for the dream will prove more harmful than just forgetting about it.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:20 PM

When you have a silly or funny dream, such as a horse flying on a motorcycle with wings, do you try and attach meaning to it, or do you pass it off as a strange but random behaviour of dreaming?

If you don't give meaning to your regular dreams, then why see this as anything other than a random occurance as well?
Old 06-15-2005, 06:50 PM

I know how you feel. I've had nightmares like this since around the age of four or five. They're very frightening. I've talked to a couple psychologists about it, but they haven't ever figured out where they come from.

If you just had one of these dreams, try to forget it. When an image from this dream comes to your mind, try to think about something else.

Lephos
Old 06-15-2005, 11:26 PM

the internet is a huge place. not likely to find any useful info or insights from people here. perhaps some incredible probability-stats that "logically prove beyond any doubt" dreams are merely brain-farts, and that they always stink...
Old 06-16-2005, 04:31 AM

Most people on the cusp of realizing their homosexuality begin to have similiar dreams.
You're probably gay dude.

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2005, 04:39 PM

Your sample size is too small.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:45 PM

don't excercise late at night.

and if you are going to excercise make sure you wear a nice pair of bike shorts.