Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2005, 03:28 PM

Default On posting hands

I keep thinking I want to post some hands here to get some advice. Only problem is that I can't really decide which ones to post. Generally, I don't want to fall into the trap of only posting show-off or bad beat hands. Mostly, since I'm not fully aware of where all my leaks are, I really don't know which ones would be good or bad to post.

I've been thinking of taking a single online session (one table) and posting all the hands I played at that table during that session. This, of course, wouldn't cover incorrect PF folds, but it would pretty much cover how I was playing the rest.

Trouble is, that'd be a dozen or more hands, and I don't know if that's really appropriate here. And, if so, do I post one hand per topic, or stick them all in one topic (like this one)?
Old 05-18-2005, 07:24 PM

Default Re: On posting hands

Toots unfortunately people (esp poker players) are inherently lazy, so I don’t think that you will get many responses if you post an entire session. If might be interesting to try though.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:41 PM

I think it’s easier if you stick to one hand per post. You could export all hands from one session and email them to interested parties, who could download and import them to pokertracker and review them that way. I am pretty sure there is a way to set it up online where we can review hands easily, but don’t know where or how

--Greg
Old 05-19-2005, 08:25 AM

I would recommend one hand per post.

Post the interesting hands. Many hands are going to be fairly routine.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:07 AM

I agree that posting a full session will discourage we lazy players from replying. Instead post a hand where you were unsure what to do (call this raise?, fold this flop?, etc.).

If I see "....was dealt 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and folded" I am unlikely to read further...

Good luck.
AA
Old 05-19-2005, 10:22 AM

Would it be a lot of work? Sure, but I'd be willing to give thoughts on a full session.

Clarkmeister was working on his short handed HE play and posted an entire session. Something like 80 hands. The people who did reply just numbered the hand and made a few comments (not 80) but those comments were quite insightful.

I used to think I was a good player at Omaha. Now I realize that I'm marginally fair playing online at best, but I want to get really good at this stuff.

One of my big complaints with poker on tv is they don't post the boring hands, the hands where Greg Reymer stole the blinds for 4 days straight because it wasn't "exciting" enough.

Last night I had a hand that was 10 seconds away from an "auto-fold" after the flop. I hesitated, looked at the hand again, realized I had top two pair against a favorable board and raised instead of folding. It turned out to be the most profitable hand of the night when running high cards destroyed all the A 2 draws.

My point is...it almost wasn't an exciting hand to me, but it almost was a really big mistake and if that hand shows up in a session recap...then one of you guys will glance at it and say, "what were you thinking? You had top two pair on that board and didn't raise! That's way too tight!"

And that's how we learn.

You post it...i'll reply.