Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2004, 11:51 AM

Default Put him on a range of hands

Table is mostly unknown. Haven't played with BB before but my first impressions are he's LAGgy preflop. Limpers are playing lots of hands in my short time at the table

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (14.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero ...

What range of hands do you put the BB on? What's your action? Comments on all streets welcome.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:00 PM

Default Re: Put him on a range of hands

BB could have anything. Fold turn.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:02 PM

marginal flop call... fine to fold this turn unimproved
Old 07-28-2004, 12:03 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

there's 4 people behind you! even if you're ahead of BB, don't you think SOMEONE called the flop with a K or Q? I wouldn't even call for your 5-outer here, because it's pretty disasterous if it gets raised behind you.

also, you have a ridiculously easy muck preflop
Old 07-28-2004, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you mean ridiculously easy limp?
Old 07-28-2004, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From orginal post:
Limpers are playing lots of hands in my short time at the table

I like limping here as well with this kind of table.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2004, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like limping here as well with this kind of table.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh. There's only one limper in though in this hand. MP1, I'm folding this too. I'd like fewer players left to act if I'm going to limp with this...but that's just me.
Old 07-29-2004, 12:17 AM

Default RESULTS

To recap, Hero has 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and the BB is the preflop raiser and sole aggressor.

Turn: (10.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero ... took you advice and folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls.

River: (14.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 19.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 19.25 BB, between Button and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by BB (19.25 BB).</font>

Results below:
BB shows Ks Qc (two pair, kings and queens).
Button shows 5s 6c (two pair, eights and fives).
Outcome: BB wins 19.25 BB.

When I posted this I thought the turn was a closer decision than those that responded. If I put BB on AK, AQ, KQ, KK, QQ, and AA, I still have about 3.8 outs against him. I'm right on the edge when I call and if the herd plays along... well, Vegas was built on that mentality. Now that I think about it, the 9c is probably not so good for me in a group this big. I know it's heresy to think that someone could have the flush draw, but someone could (and probably did) have the flush draw. Thanks for your responses.