Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2004, 05:44 PM

Default JJ hand w/ a PF cap and flop action (everyone\'s favorite!)

UTG+2:
50 hands
28 VPIP
12 PFR
does not take aggression too far

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

River: (12.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 15.50 BB, between UTG+2, Hero and SB.</font>
Old 08-07-2004, 07:28 AM

Default Re: JJ hand w/ a PF cap and flop action (everyone\'s favorite!)

bumpthx
Old 08-07-2004, 11:30 AM

Personally, I would play this the exact same way. I'm not a tight-weakling for not betting the turn, am I? Checking to me, seems fine, but what do good players think?

-Craig
Old 08-07-2004, 12:17 PM

I would bet the turn. You are in last position, and the K seemed to make everyone else shaky. Bet out on the turn.

Okay, here is my attempt at guesswork on this. On the river, UTG probably has QQ in the hole. SB checks the turn, then bets the 9. He might have caught the two pair, maybe tens and nines? I would have done the same as you in this situation and simply called on the river.

How did the hand work out?
Old 08-07-2004, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would bet the turn. You are in last position, and the K seemed to make everyone else shaky. Bet out on the turn.

Okay, here is my attempt at guesswork on this. On the river, UTG probably has QQ in the hole. SB checks the turn, then bets the 9. He might have caught the two pair, maybe tens and nines? I would have done the same as you in this situation and simply called on the river.

How did the hand work out?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like QQ for UTG+1 too, but I'm thinking maybe 77 for the straight, or 99 for the set for the SB.
Old 08-07-2004, 07:49 PM

on the turn, i'm certainly concerned about a check-raise and I think UTG+2 is likely to have a K or just plain have me beat with QQ or something and won't fold even if I bet. i saw no value in it. more comments would be appreciated before I post the results.
Old 08-07-2004, 11:37 PM

shameless bump. my other two are off the first page and i'm still looking for comments on those. say routine if you think its so or talk aloud if you are unsure. thx [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2004, 11:49 PM

I'd bet the turn, why is he checking here? I'm noticing a lot of players now taking the flop WAY too far only to turn passive on the expensive streets.

Sure, he may have QQ but he may have AQd or some other random junk such as A8 or any 2 diamonds, he seems pretty loose from his small sample of hands.

If you get CRed you can probably safely fold.
Old 08-07-2004, 11:52 PM

Hey bt,
pf fine, on the flop, given that UTG+2 doesn't seem to be a player who gets too far out of line, I'm not sure I 3bet, but I don't dislike it that much. If you call 2 cold (ugh!) then you might get a read on how much both sb and UTG+2 like their hands if it goes 3bet/cap. With your line on the flop, I would bet the turn when it gets checked to me, maybe utg+2 folds his QQ. The river you've gotta call, but I think you made a nice solid 3rd place hand. My guesses are A7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for sb and, like I said earlier, QQ for UTG+2

-Jaran

(I've been up for waaaaay to long, so forgive me if this makes no sense.)
Old 08-08-2004, 12:42 PM

i don't think there is any UTG+2 holding that I don't beat that he will fold on the turn unless SB check-raises. I think UTG+2 would play AK this way (tried to fold me on the flop).

If this is my thinking/read, should I even bother to call the river?