Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2003, 12:50 PM

Default Is calling OK here?

PP Micro limit. Table is only loose and passive. EP and MP limpers to me in the cutoff and I limp with ATo. Button limps and BB checks, leaving 5 sb in the pot.

*** FLOP *** : [ Th Ts 9c ]

Checked to me and I bet. Button, EP, and MP call. 4.5 bb in the pot.

*** TURN *** : [ Th Ts 9c ] [ Kc ]

Checked to me and I bet again. Button folds, EP calls, and MP raises. MP seems like a straightforward player from what I've seen. What range of hands do you put MP on and what do you do?

I call and EP calls. 10 BB (after rake) in the pot.

*** RIVER *** : [ Th Ts 9c Kc ] [ 2d ]

EP checks, MP bets, I call, EP folds.

What do you think?
Old 01-27-2003, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Is calling OK here?

In reply to "Is calling OK here?"
I would say definately yes as you pot odds justify youre call as well as you have a nice hand.

In response to "What range of hands do you put MP on and what do you do?"
I dont believe there is reason he is bluffing a busted backdoor flush because he probably would not have stayed in with two 10's on the board for that, who would? I wouldnt think he had two KK's in the pocket either because he probably would of raised preflop in MP. He could of possibly been slowplaying a flopped full house, or been on a full house by the turn, so i say youre best bet is to check-call unless you know this player to be super tight.

Results????
Old 01-27-2003, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Is calling OK here?

If it were heads-up I would call it down, but with EP still in the hand I would three-bet, in an attempt to knock him out. I think EP most likely has a pair of K's or 9's plus a gutshot. If you just call he has odds to call in an attempt to hit his 6-outer, so you should raise to knock him out. Plus, there is a decent chance that you have the best hand, as MP could have been slowplaying a T that is weaker than yours. If MP calls your three-bet, you are most likely ahead, and if he four-bets, you are almost certainly behind. If MP four-bets, call and give strong consideration to folding if you don't fill up on the river. If EP has a straight, you have 10 outs to fill and if he is full himself you have 3 outs.

-- Homer