Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 01:16 AM

Default A link on multi tabling?

I am a fairly experienced NL player. I read of people multi tabling 4, 6 or 8 tables. I play two at a time and find that
I cannot play two as well as I play one.

I would like to know the requirements that a multi tabler uses for starting hands and what he does with the other tables once he finds one to play.

If there is a link on this topic I would appreciate it if someone would post it here.

Thanks,

cat923
Old 12-01-2005, 03:19 AM

Default Re: A link on multi tabling?

What stakes do you play at? How experienced is experienced? Hand count?

I feel perfectly comfortable playing 8 tables, but that's at .25NL. Starting hand requirements vary from player to player based on style. I play semi-loose and it suits me well, while others play completely LAG and others are rocks. Play the tables the same as you would a single table. PokerAce or Gametime+ are CRITICAL for this. Knowing a player's stats simply by looking at the table is the most important part of analyzing how to play a hand against him. When a rock raises preflop, you can be certain your AJo is no good and move on. When a maniac raises, you can 3-bet him with that hand to get it heads up. AJo looks a lot better than his holdings from his 74/47/2.1 numbers.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:35 AM

one key to multi-tabling is having a monitor with screen-resolution such that none of the tables overlap.
if you can see all the action on all the tables at the same time then it is just a matter of getting adjusted to the speed.

you need a monitor that will do 1600x1200 resolution in order to see all 4 tables with no overlap.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:31 PM

Thanks for the replies. In answer to the first:

I have played online for 2 years and have been profitable since the first month. I play stakes of 25NLHE through 100NLHE. I normally play 14,000 hands per month and have over 200k hands in my databases.

I use poker tracker and GT+ as well as PAHUD. I review my PT hands on a regular basis looking for leaks.

Party is testing a beta program that will allow one to use multiple tables up to 12 I believe on a single monitor or to cascade them. I have a flat screen monitor which will comfortably hold 4 tables with the screen resolution made small.

I understand how to multi table two tables. I do not know how to do more as regards starting hand requirements or what to do with 5 open tables when I decide to make a play at one of them.

I have always assumed that when a play is made on one table that attention is shifted to that table and the others are either checked to deal one out or the hands there are allowed to expire time wise.

All suggestions appreciated.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do not know how to do more as regards starting hand requirements or what to do with 5 open tables when I decide to make a play at one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same as u would play 1 table...

Full ring is easier to multi than 6-max FWIW....I play 4-7 tables depending on my levels of concentration...