Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 11:47 AM

Default set and QQ play.

(apoligies for no hand converter, this is from memory)

Sat down at a PL 0.50/1 6 seater with $100. Havent been making many moves. Currently at $130. Guy 2 to my right is raising almost any hand. Continuation betting on flop and showing rubbish.

I call his 4th raised hand in a row with Q9 suited in bb. 2 players.

AK- flush draw flop. He bets the pot. I raise $20 and he comes over the top all in for a further $10. Ok so hes caught me this time. Although I call and make a flush.

I hit a peak of $180 and am back down to $140 when the following arises...

1) UTG has just sat down. He raises the pot to around $5. I reraise a further $7 with QQ. Calls.

Just him and me. Flop comes A48 rainbow. He checked, i bet half the pot.

He immediately reraises the pot, without any hesitation.

Whats my line?

2) Im around $130 with 77 UTG+1. I raise to $3. Called by small blind and BB (bb is guy in question 1)

Flop 745 rainbow.
Checked around.
Turn K.
SB goes all in for $11.
Immediately called by BB.
I reraise pot and am immediatly placed all in by BB who covers me.

Whats my line?
Old 08-24-2005, 12:01 PM

Default Re: set and QQ play.

re raise pot PF in question 1, in question 2 bet the flop and call when the donk puts you all in.
Noah
Old 08-24-2005, 12:19 PM

Don´t you think re-raising in Hand 1 is throwing away money? The guy just sat down and raises $5 UTG and then calls the reraise - with that flop I would just keep it simple and give him credit for the ace.
I would check and fold to a bet - but if you´re going to bet, I think you really need to be a lot stronger than half the pot. This bet is just an invitation to come over the top.

Hand 2 - I think betting the pot here is going to chase them away... In this case I would indeed make a weak half-pot sized bet, hoping for a raise and then push.
As for the OP´s question -definetly call the allin. If you get beat, congratulate them on great play, reload and give it an hour, you´ll have your money back with plenty of interest.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(apoligies for no hand converter, this is from memory)

Sat down at a PL 0.50/1 6 seater with $100. Havent been making many moves. Currently at $130. Guy 2 to my right is raising almost any hand. Continuation betting on flop and showing rubbish.

I call his 4th raised hand in a row with Q9 suited in bb. 2 players.

AK- flush draw flop. He bets the pot. I raise $20 and he comes over the top all in for a further $10. Ok so hes caught me this time. Although I call and make a flush.

I hit a peak of $180 and am back down to $140 when the following arises...

1) UTG has just sat down. He raises the pot to around $5. I reraise a further $7 with QQ. Calls.

Just him and me. Flop comes A48 rainbow. He checked, i bet half the pot.

He immediately reraises the pot, without any hesitation.

Whats my line?

2) Im around $130 with 77 UTG+1. I raise to $3. Called by small blind and BB (bb is guy in question 1)

Flop 745 rainbow.
Checked around.
Turn K.
SB goes all in for $11.
Immediately called by BB.
I reraise pot and am immediatly placed all in by BB who covers me.

Whats my line?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nash Clown always raises.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:52 PM

Ok no need for any new opinions. Cheers guys. Just need to reassure myself I was making the correct moves.

Hand I I folded to his reraise, he shows QJ off. I could never call this down with an A on board. Although I dont think he paid any consideration to how much I bet as his Pot bet was instant. I assume hes either a complete fool or is setting himself up to now over bet pots when he has monsters inducing calls. I opt for the first option.

Hand 2. I call all in and the QJ donkey has 68 for the nut straight. This hand was absoluetly crushing. I just needed assurance I didnt get too carried away with my bet.

As to some answers about my QQ bet on the flop of half the pot. This is how I would play AK or a set. Would this not be correct?