Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 01:33 AM

Default My Username is BTR_Rounder and I have a big leak in my game

There, I said it

over 7900 hands at $1/$2
VP$IP = 19.41
PFR% = 5.93% [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I thought I was playing agressive preflop until Ed's post indicating this number should be double digits.

What do I need to do to stop playing like a wuss?
I never limp with premium cards, maybe my steal attempts aren't what they should be, but I need to find TWICE as many raises.

I don't want to just double my number of raises out of fear of spewing chips. I want to double them at the right time.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:36 AM

Default Re: My Username is BTR_Rounder and I have a big leak in my game

Your PFR could be higher but double digits? That's very very aggressive and you will be facing alot of tough post flop play with those kind of numbers.

I like 7-8% PFR myself.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:03 AM

Are you raising enough hands for value in late position after a few limpers? TT-99, QTs-98s, and such? That's something I missed for the longest time.

Edit: if you're playing enough hands to be at 19+ VPIP in full ring you should be raising more of them.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:07 AM

7-8% seems a little low to me, even for full ring. 8% can be okay esp. when I'm running somewhat cold, but you're probably missing some value raises in, say, late position.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:12 AM

You may not be trying to steal enough blinds.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:14 AM

Well that's another leak I've found (amazing that I'm + with all these leaks). I'm doing twice as well from UTG+1 as I am from the button and my CO play is HORRIBLE. I'm barely + from CO. In fact I would be + .6bb/100 if my button play = my UTG+1 play.

I've only hand poker tracker for 2 weeks now so I was unaware how much my game stunk.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:20 AM

My PFR is at around 10.5% for the last approx. 15k hands, and I still find a few places where I'm wimping out and not raising more marginal hands, particularly at tables with tight players to my left. When I started out at 0.5/1 and lower, my PFR was around 7-8% after reading SSHE, so I think that's a good starting point. I'm finding that more and more my raises are situational, blind steals/iso-raising weak limpers and LAGs, etc. It can occasionally put you in some tough spots post-flop though.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:37 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

its very likely you arent raising with position enough.

at the micros your PFR will be much lower since you wont get to open from middle and late position as often. when i was at .5/1 and 1/2 i think i was around 19/10 and that was very aggressive by everyone elses standards. more recently, at 20 and 30, my PFR was around 14 for 8-10 handed games. so dobule digits isnt necessary right now. but you are likely not attacking enough first in from middle and late position, and almost certainly not raising in late position enough.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your PFR could be higher but double digits? That's very very aggressive and you will be facing alot of tough post flop play with those kind of numbers.

I like 7-8% PFR myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

BTR is referring to this thread
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0&fpart=2

Specifically the post by Ed in response to Guthrie.

Basically the post boils down to raising more preflop with less then premium hands to punish the people who are limping in with worse hands - a fundamental point of SSH

Also I think alot of the double digit preflop raising comes from more blind stealing and isolation raising which at .5/1 is unheard of, but starts to rear its head a bit at 1/2 and alot of players dont make adjustments and just continue to raise only with premium hands or premium drawing hands.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you raising enough hands for value in EP such as TT-99,

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed for profit.