Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2005, 06:01 PM

Default Call or Push

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) converter

Hero ($22.70)
SB ($36.15)

BB ($19.90)
UTG ($23.25)
UTG+1 ($7.85)
MP1 ($24.05)
MP2 ($27.70)
CO ($14.75)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $1.25, MP1 calls $1.25, CO calls $1.25.

Flop: ($6.10) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $5</font>, MP1 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ?

<font color="black"> I figure with TPTK, at this level, I'm going to end up all in in with the hand. Whats the best to go about doing it? </font>
Old 06-20-2005, 06:10 PM

Default Re: Call or Push

Whoops, nevermind.

I don't think that you need to play this hand for all of your chips, as I think that there's a reasonable chance that you'll see a poorly played QQ, KK or JT here.

However, I would raise the flop, to $12, then just push a blank turn.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:48 PM

I think stack sizes will dictacte that you get this allin. You can't fold to that flop bet and you can't simply call it. You must raise it and you must raise it substantially enough to find out where you're at. Unfortunately, this raise means that you must call his allin if he chooses that path, since the raise will be minimal. You might be running into TT, QQ, or KK, or maybe JT, but I think you're more likely to have QT, JQ, KJ, AT, and the like flipped over on you.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:57 PM

ok...

1. You DO NOT try to get all your money in with TPTK unless your are HU with a complete maniac.

2. The flop is pretty tough.. he could have 10's, jj, j10, aj, qj etc... or a straight draw, your move?

well this one is super read dependent, if hes decent I lay this down, if hes a typical loose cannon fodder I min-raise and see how strong the fish is.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:35 PM

Do you check underneath your bed for monsters before you go to sleep?

If you had JJ or TT, would you lead out with a $5 bet into a preflop raiser? If you had any amount of true strength in your hand, would you? Some might, but mostly a strong bed like that is a vulnerable hand or a drawing hand that's almost like a semi-bluff -- they want the fold, but if they get a call, they might not be in too bad of shape.

You have no legimate reason to think this person has you beat. None. Any reason you think of is fictional. Tons of hands that do not have you beat will make this move, as well as some that do. But the vast majority of strong hands do not have the cojones to bet $5 into a preflop raiser. I would expect to see KJ turned over the vast majority of time, with JQ a close second. Next would be QQ and KK.

All my opinion, of course.