Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2005, 12:32 AM

Default Re: Ann Coulter on Hannity & Colmes

You are white washing Kennedy's role in Mary Jo's death. BIG TIME!

This site covers the Chappaquiddick incident thoroughly. Several contradictions were found in Kennedy's alibi. He admits that he drove the car and that he claims he tried to save Mary Jo.
http://www.ytedk.com/
What Kennedy's excuse for not calling the police until the next morning is laughable. He claims a state of shock altered his judgement to the point where he could not call the police yet he is able to catch a ride and check into a hotel and have a meeting with his handlers BEFORE calling the cops.

Kennedy's Statement:
"On July 18, 1969, at approximately 11:15 PM in Chappaquiddick, Martha's Vinyard, Massachusetts, I was driving my car on Main Street on my way to get the ferry back to Edgartown. I was unfamiliar with the road and turned right onto Dike Road, instead of bearing hard left on Main Street. After proceeding for approximately one-half mile on Dike Road I descended a hill and came upon a narrow bridge. The car went off the side of the bridge. There was one passenger with me, one Miss Mary ( Kennedy was not sure of the spelling of the dead girl's last name, and offered a rough phonetic approximation ), a former secretary of my brother Sen. Robert Kennedy. The car turned over and sank into the water and landed with the roof resting on the bottom. I attempted to open the door and the window of the car but have no recolection of how I got out of the car. I came to the surface and then repeatedly dove down to the car in an attempt to see if the passenger was still in the car. I was unsuccessful in the attempt. I was exhausted and in a state of shock. I recall walking back to where my friends were eating. There was a car parked in front of the cottage and I climbed into the back seat. I then asked for someone to bring me back to Edgartown. I remember walking around for a period of time and then going back to my hotel room. When I fully realized what had happened this morning, I immediately contacted the police."

*****If you peruse the statements of the investigating officers, you'll find that they did not believe his story. And who would based on all the contradictions between his story and the facts.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:43 AM

I still think the evidence leans in the direction of him not having been in the car when it went off the bridge.
Huh!!!????
So Kennedy lied about driving that car off a bridge with Mary Jo in it? By the way, Kennedy was a married man attending a party with lots of single women and other married men. And here is the kicker! No wives attended that party. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

His story that you and Dynasty have quoted is a fairy tale.
So you are smarter than all the police officers that investigated this incident. Funny how they looked at the evidence and NONE of them came to your conclusion.
http://www.ytedk.com/

So your theory is Kennedy lied about being in the car???!!! This is the epitome of self-delusion.

George Killen, the State Police Detective-Lieutenant who investigated the accident, said that Senator Kennedy
"killed that girl the same as if he put a gun to her head and pulled the trigger."
Old 07-29-2005, 12:46 AM

I agree with virtually everything you say. (Wow! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) his story is completely unbelievable in light of the facts and the evidence. [Even worse, his first statement to police on the 19th contradicted the later one on the 25th. He never even mnetioned the other two guys (Markham and whatever the other guy's name was) trying to get her out of the car on the 19th.] The only thing I quibble with is "He admits that he drove the car." He lied about everything else, why wouldn't he lie about that? I would say "He claims that he drove the car." The impossibilities and inaccuracies of the story he told about what happened in the car, the fact that he did not appear wet or at all shaken when he first got back to the cottage, and did not mention the accident to anyone until the next morning--all this leads me to believe he didn't know about it until the next morning.

Again, though, I believe he was responsible for the woman's death, that the "inquiry" was a travesty, that he lied in virtually everything he said about it, and that he should have gone to jail.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:52 AM

Yes, he lied about driving the car off the bridge. He was with an unmarried woman. His story about being tired and wanting to go home, so not using his driver, is obviously BS. It was a tryst. A cop spotted them and he left the car. When he found out she didn't return, he and his two flunkies went to look for her.

He was going to drive her home. What could he say about why she didn't make it home?

Whether he was in the car or not, I agree with Mr. Killen's assessment.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:57 AM

Default Re: Anne Calls a Spade a Spade.

From the site you referenced:

Detective Bernie Flynn: "I figure, we've got a drunk driver, Ted Kennedy. He's with this girl, and he has it in his mind to go down to the beach and make love to her. He's probably driving too fast and he misses the curve and goes into Cemetery Road. He's backing up when he sees this guy in uniform coming toward him. That's panic for the average driver who's been drinking; but here's a United States Senator about to get tagged for driving under. He doesn't want to get caught with a girl in his car, on a deserted road late at night, with no license and driving drunk on top of it. In his mind, the most important thing is to get away from the situation. He doesn't wait around."

Exactly what I think happened.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:58 AM

Aren't we getting just a tad off topic here...?
Old 12-20-2005, 11:11 PM

The funny thing is that she was right. It is sad butt true. Ed Kennedy is a doU_sh bag
Old 12-20-2005, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I personally like the interview with Coulter where the guy asks her about the Iraq war and she mentions how the country of Canada is more or less traitors because they helped the US out in Vietnam, to which the interviewer says, "Actually, Ann, Canada did not support the U.S. in Vietnam".

Coulter's subsequent stumbling over words is priceless.

[/ QUOTE ]

She didn't stumble over words. She repeatedly and vehemently claimed that Canada was involved in Vietnam.

I don't mind right-wing political pundits who do little more than use rhetorical tricks to beat their opponents in debates, rather than make liegitimate arguments. Coulter, however, who uses blatant lies, gross overgeneralizations and calls for violence against liberals really sickens me.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
From the site you referenced:

Detective Bernie Flynn: "I figure, we've got a drunk driver, Ted Kennedy. He's with this girl, and he has it in his mind to go down to the beach and make love to her. He's probably driving too fast and he misses the curve and goes into Cemetery Road. He's backing up when he sees this guy in uniform coming toward him. That's panic for the average driver who's been drinking; but here's a United States Senator about to get tagged for driving under. He doesn't want to get caught with a girl in his car, on a deserted road late at night, with no license and driving drunk on top of it. In his mind, the most important thing is to get away from the situation. He doesn't wait around."

Exactly what I think happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

So on a deserted road late at night with a cop coming, he bails out of the car and takes off on foot? And the cop doesn't see or follow up on this? Just want to be clear here.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:42 AM

I am stupider for reading this thread.