Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2005, 01:13 AM

Default The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (9/24)

Saturday night & the donks are out in full force, making Harv a happy camper (yet they don't seem to be playing 5/10 this weekend...anyone else notice that?). Of course, I had to have a good night to make up for the chips I dumped at the O8 table last night. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I forgot to include the basis of these posts last time, and it caused a little confusion, so here it is for noobs/people with memory retention problems: I post two hands from my daily sessions. One hand, I think I played well. The other, I think my play made baby Jebus cry. Hopefully, a lively discussion follows, because honestly, a lot of the time I don't know if I played well or not.

Tonight's topic is turn decisions; I think that I've been calling down too often lately in situations where I should have folded the turn. Anyway, here ya go:

Hand 1:

Reads: SB is pretty loose (VPIP 45) with normal pre- & post-flop aggression over a 70 hand sample; a few orbits earlier, though, he had flat called my button raise with AKo and then allowed me to grab a turn free card after a Krr flop. BB is also loose (38 VPIP) and aggressive/passive over the same 70 hands. Partly as a result of of a megadonk sitting two seats to my right, I'm probably coming off slightly LAG to the table--I've isolated a lot, but haven't showed down anything too bad in those hands.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Hand 2

Reads: SB comes across as being SLP-A by numbers (26/2/2.5 over ~50 hands), but about an orbit earlier he had donked the flop, turn, and river against me after calling my PFR with A7o (I had AA; the case ace came on the turn and he did not pair his kicker at any point). I've been a little card dead on this table, and have run up stats of 15/9/2 over about 100 hands there; as a result of that and my efforts to stop calling down with second best hands, I may be viewed as a little weak/tight.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Any &amp; all comments are (as always) appreciated. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2005, 01:16 AM

Default Re: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (9/24)

I call both of these down.
Old 09-25-2005, 01:19 AM

I really want to raise the turn on hand 2, but that's pushing a lot, and if you are drawing it is a weak one. I wouldn't consider a fold.
Old 09-25-2005, 01:38 AM

both hands look fine to me

hand 1: im not folding top pair very easily in a blind steal situation, you may be outkicked, but i call down

hand 2: its hard to see what he is betting that you beat, but i cant see my self folding here, although the pot is fairly small, hes pretty aggressive and it looks like you can be pushed around by your previous play
Old 09-25-2005, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I call both of these down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think teh first hand is an easy call down.

Do you call the second hand if a heart falls on the river?