Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 04:10 AM

Default hmmmmmmmm

This hand took place on a $50 NL table on Bodog. I am in the CO w/ATo and limp after 3 other limpers, 6 to the flop.
Flop comes AAJ rainbow, blinds check and EP limper bets out min 50 cents, other limpers fold to me and I make it $3. Now SB quickly raises all-in for $35 or so, and EP limper also moves in relatively quickly (he had me covered and was a big stack, though I dont know much about either player). Its now $39 to me to call all-in or fold. Hero????????????? What do you put SB or EP on?
Old 11-18-2005, 04:29 AM

Default Re: hmmmmmmmm

AJ vs. JJ

Fold, you're beat... except if these players are a bunch of monkeys.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:37 AM

at a 50 NL table? I'd be shocked if those two players had those two hands. JJ is decently possible though.

EP has at least an ace. Other player could have one jack or two jacks or even a pocket pair (I've seen everything)

I'd call; unless there is a JJ out there I would think (at most tables anyway) that I have the best hand.

I can't fold this in this scenario at this level without any kind of table reads.

You should have a few outs even if I'm wrong though. lol

I think two jacks is definitely the most likely hand that has you beat though.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:40 AM

I fold, but I've seen some really crazy plays at Bodog, so reads are pretty important.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:37 AM

6 max?

I don't like it but with no info calling seems OK. With AK, AQ I would expect a raise to be mandatory preflop. AJ and JJ both are borderline possibilities. If it's full ring then limping even big pairs is common enough that JJ is possible but why everyone else discounts AJ I don't understand. Both villains are EP players and AJ is limped a lot in these games. JJ has only 3 remaining combinations with one on board and AJ has only 2 I guess with you holding the case A.

I think the CR allin is an ill-conceived attempt to steal this pot with a hand like JKs, I think the caller thinks his weak kicker Axs is good against the steal. Either player could have flopped a full but at least one of them has no A. Having discounted AK and AQ and given the long shot of AJ being out, I think you have the best hand with an A and at worse are up against JJ with outs to the over full and 2 cards to come.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold, but I've seen some really crazy plays at Bodog, so reads are pretty important.

[/ QUOTE ]

True enough. This was full ring, btw. I was caught up in thinking about SB's hand when EP called all-in, and felt pretty confident that I had SB beat. Why make an over-raise with a hand as strong as AQ,AK, or the nuts? EP's call had me pretty confused, though. As for Bodog, I think the number of crazy monkeys on there has me making some marginal plays/calls I would never have bothered with in the Stars NL. I feel like I definitely botched this one, but Im glad to see some other people think its close or would have called. The lack of any PFR also threw me off.
I call, SB shows A9o (I was right!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]). EP shows JJ (I am donkey!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ). Afterwards, I felt like, unless the SB is a complete goober, what else could EP really have had?
Old 11-18-2005, 09:45 PM

I think I was the EP in this hand. I know I've played against you and I remember a hand like this recently. I limp with JJ in EP maybe 30% percent of the time and often have a pretty big stack. I think I misclicked the first time around on the flop (happens a lot on bodog, I end up typing the bet amount in the chat box and just hitting "bet"). Or it could be someone else.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I was the EP in this hand. I know I've played against you and I remember a hand like this recently. I limp with JJ in EP maybe 30% percent of the time and often have a pretty big stack. I think I misclicked the first time around on the flop (happens a lot on bodog, I end up typing the bet amount in the chat box and just hitting "bet"). Or it could be someone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

You dirty dog you. Thats the last I donate to you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Whats your screenname by the way?