Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 04:18 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Big Lick Bellagio 30

Button in this hand has only been sitting for 2 orbits, but he got sucked out on by a gambooling tourish who 5-bet preflop with 76s and backed a straight against either his AA top set or AK TPTK (probably TPTK since it was clear someone else in the hand had AK), so he might not be a happy camper. He didn't angrily muck his hand or anything. he just looked kinda shocked. other tendencies I've seen from him is that he appears to be tight (voluntarily played 2 hands in 2 orbits and folded his blinds 3 times to raises) and he played one hand well (he made a good value raise)

SB is too loose preflop because he's bored but plays postflop well aside from being a bit too tight.

Button open raises, SB calls, I call in the BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Flop J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB checks, I bet (for a few reasons. I don't like checkraising live with big hands because I feel like they fold too easily. also I have been donking some sub-par hands against weak players and I would like to show down a donked two pair. the main reason is because I don't think that well live and play much better when I'm in the lead), button calls, SB folds

Turn 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet, Button thinks for 90-120 seconds and calls. I decide I'm betting any river except a non-diamond A in which case I'm checkraising

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet, button raises, I call. ok?
Old 11-10-2005, 04:22 AM

Default Re: Big Lick Bellagio 30

i may be biased but i see no reason to call this river.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:23 AM

I feel like youre stuck between the made flush on the turn that sandbagged 1 extra street and the weird AQ-type hand that is pulling a river bluff. Youre probably good here 1 in 9 because he A)rarely has the flush draw to think so hard on the turn B) if he did have it to think so hard it's not a FD he'd likely be confident raising... though I really have no idea how live games like this play.

How was vegas? Is there a trip report somewhere?

Surf
Old 11-10-2005, 04:24 AM

what a weird hand. not sure what on earth he is rasing here with on the river that given that he went in the tank on the turn. i smell a bluffy. nice call.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:45 AM

i think its a good river call. if he has a diamond legitimately worth raising on this river he would have called the turn much faster. for that reason only i like your bet/call.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what a weird hand. not sure what on earth he is rasing here with on the river that given that he went in the tank on the turn. i smell a bluffy. nice call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can only see josh losing this if the guy had turned the nut flush.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Button in this hand has only been sitting for 2 orbits, but he got sucked out on by a gambooling tourish who 5-bet preflop with 76s and backed a straight against either his AA top set or AK TPTK (probably TPTK since it was clear someone else in the hand had AK), so he might not be a happy camper. He didn't angrily muck his hand or anything. he just looked kinda shocked. other tendencies I've seen from him is that he appears to be tight (voluntarily played 2 hands in 2 orbits and folded his blinds 3 times to raises) and he played one hand well (he made a good value raise)

SB is too loose preflop because he's bored but plays postflop well aside from being a bit too tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

These kinds of reads suckses. Can't you give me some numbers?

I am having a hard time finding a hand to beat when raised on the river here. Sure he's grumpy, but your read is that he's kind of solid.

This is an interesting situation: you don't know if he's capable of a river bluff raise; so should you check-call, bet-call or bet-fold?

I would imagine people are more inclined to make a bluff bet than a bluff raise, so I'm thinking check-call might be better than bet-call, but I hate missing out on river value here. So I can't decide. Help everyone!

Guy.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:56 AM

This is why the river bet stinks. Check/call.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:39 AM

Irrelevant to the river play, but part of the reason you checkraise this flop is that your hand looks like a flush draw to a suspicious, possibly steaming, player and you can get two more big bets later if it looks like your draw missed and you sexy.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:50 PM

I know u mentioned it but I like a CR here...but I dont play live much. If he really took that long to call on the turn, then I call the river.