Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2005, 05:39 PM

Default Re: 215: AK hand that is driving me crazy

[ QUOTE ]
Just a thought...what about just calling and pushing the turn in the dark. Obviously cons are if hes behind you give him a card to catch up and if he's ahead he probably won't fold the turn.

So the scenarios are If you just call and a spade comes he's probably only calling if he had a flush draw and theres a slight chance he folds 2 pair or a set. If he's on that draw and no spade hits then you might get a fold where you would not have on the flop or at the absolute least your chargning him a lot to try and hit his outs with 1 card to come.

If the turn blanks off and you push he's probaly calling you with any pair hand or better which would have the same outcome of pushing the flop. So the only problem seems to be if a J or 10 or something stupid like that hits to compleate a 2 pair hand and like I said they were probably calling you anyways with these hands.
Maybe this is wrong but just another way to play the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

God damnit man, stop doing things in the dark. It can not possibly be an advantage if other people don't know you're doing it in the dark, and they don't online. Even live I think it's stupid, but how can it ever be a good idea online? You can decide you're committed and that pushing any turn is a good idea. Maybe that is what you're saying, but from talking with you before you like this stuff way too much, so I'm assuming you're getting at something a little different. I may be wrong though. I just don't think it makes sense to give the man in the middle a chance to probably correctly call with a draw.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:56 PM

[/ QUOTE ]
You can decide you're committed and that pushing any turn is a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I was saying...also I don't think I check dark for anything besides hilarity value or any games higher then .25/.50 NL.
After rethinking the hand some more and realising the reraiser has less then 300 behind I think your beat here. I still often push the flop or turn because I'm a donk.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:07 PM

Yeah, he has a set or AQ a lot, but I can't fold this without deeper stacks than what you've got.