Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 11:06 PM

Default Fulltilt AAA666 hand??? terrible river check

DAgostino pushes short with K8s, Forrest calls in MP with AA, Negreanu calls in LP with AQo...

Flop is 466, check check, turn is A, forrest checks, negreanu bets, forrest calls...

Turn is a 3rd 6, negreanu hems and haws like he just got counterfeited and then checks... forrest checks behind... WTF?! BET YOU MORON... you have the second nut unless negreanu calls an all in with a 6 in the first place, which he then decided to check the river with, in an almost bone dry side pot, squarely putting you on AA so that you would bet it for him

Just non chalantly shove like its an obvious chop and then take all his chips if he has the last ace, which is like 20x more likely than him having the last 6
Old 07-13-2005, 11:09 PM

Default Re: Fulltilt AAA666 hand??? terrible river check

Lederer seemed to like the check
Old 07-13-2005, 11:11 PM

R u sure this actual happend? Cause I've heard of problems with the FUll tilt tourney displaying the right hole cards. Also, just as a side note, Forrest is a primarily cash game player who really doesn't play No-limit. However, if what you said actually happend, I would be in shock. This has got to be a problem with Full Tilt keeping accurate record of the hands. That's my two cents.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:12 PM

I don't remember Lederer especially liking it. Anyways, I don't like nitpicking at an odd play from a player who's MUCH better than me. I'm sure he has a fine explanation for his check behind.

Mush, it was on live television.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:13 PM

Well, Daniel had an A and Forest checked behind and won the hand. There is only one hand that does that.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't remember Lederer especially liking it. Anyways, I don't like nitpicking at an odd play from a player who's MUCH better than me. I'm sure he has a fine explanation for his check behind.

Mush, it was on live television.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope it involves the phrase "I hate money" somewhere
Old 07-13-2005, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
R u sure this actual happend? Cause I've heard of problems with the FUll tilt tourney displaying the right hole cards. Also, just as a side note, Forrest is a primarily cash game player who really doesn't play No-limit. However, if what you said actually happend, I would be in shock. This has got to be a problem with Full Tilt keeping accurate record of the hands. That's my two cents.

[/ QUOTE ]

In this instance, this actually happened. At showdown, Daniel essentially asked "Ted, what the hell are you doing?" by checking behind Daniel and Ted replied "playing horribly".
Old 07-13-2005, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, Daniel had an A and Forest checked behind and won the hand. There is only one hand that does that.

[/ QUOTE ]

or any hand with the case 6.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:17 PM

Why would Negreanu check a 6 on the river? If Negreanu holds a 6, he has to know Forrest must have at least one A. But he also knows that Forrest probably isn't going to bet 6s full of As but he'll probably call any reasonable bet with it. It would be a silly time for a check-raise. Plus given that he called the preflop all-in, its more likely for Negreanu to have the case A than the case 6.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:17 PM

God, how could something like that happen with someone like Forrest? I know about putting someone on a hand and sticking with it, but if someone has to show you four of a kind to win, then THEY HAVE TO SHOW YOU FOUR OF A KIND TO WIN! He still could have gotten action from a player holding an ace or high pocket pairs, wtf WAS he thinking? This reminds me of what Harrington says about people claiming how they smell out people with higher sets and so forth... "Idiot"