Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2005, 06:01 PM

Default Re: Am I ready for the jump? 35k stat check up.

[ QUOTE ]
i can't believe you played 35K hands at .5/1

[/ QUOTE ]

What's wrong with that? I have about 180k hands of .5/1! Just cuz you have the funds doesnt mean you should automatically move up..

OP: You're loose, you wont get away with limping in with suited aces, etc. in 1/2. Your PFR is decent, just lose some of those limping hands, especially in early positions. Be more aggro too, add about 1 to your AF and you'll be in good shape.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have about 180k hands of .5/1!

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously?
Old 05-11-2005, 06:08 PM

for those who say he's too loose prelfop, it wouldn't surprise me at all if 23 is close to ideal (i don't have a significant sample size at .50/1.00) and it wouldn't suprise me if he could get away with EVEN more than 23.

my main gripe is for such a high vpip, your pfr looks low and your aggression is low too. but clearly you can move up and readjust your game there. the problem with playing at one level too long (and crushing it) is that you can get lulled into a sense of compatency and have bad habits stick with you for too long simply because "it worked" at the level you've played at for so long.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:10 PM

You're a tad loose-passive.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:11 PM

Wow, those are good stats, especially considering your low aggression factor. I'm slightly more tight and slightly more aggressive and have much lower in terms of BB/100.

I'm guessing your postflop play is very good and your reads are also really good. I say move up.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're a tad loose-passive.

[/ QUOTE ]
Would it really be more optimal to have a very high AF and a low VPIP in loose-passive 0.5/1 games?
When you have the odds to limp with a less premium hand PF combined with the fact that your opponents play very bad post flop.
When you have the odds to call more post-flop.
When raising to protect your hand is ineffective. (It does work better on the turn though)
When you have no idea if you are beaten on the river with your TPTK by the calling station with pairs of 7 and 3.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:49 PM

I doubt if a lot of ppl can make more money over the same number of hands playing 1/2 party full ring.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anybody think the VPIP is too high? Will this VPIP be a problem at a higher level?

[/ QUOTE ]

My VPIP at .5/1 was almost as high. It has dropped at 1/2 due to the games being tighter, in general. There is also more preflop raising at 1/2 in my (limited) experience. Some hands that I might play at .5/1 are no longer profitable. I end up folding hands like suited aces and suited connectors in places where they might be worth limping at .5/1. Also fewer hands go to showdown. Agression can buy a lot of pots off of some of the weak-tight guys. Hopefully your aggression will go up a bit, but I think that tightening up preflop will result in more agressive postflop play and less calling down. Looks to me like you're more than ready to move up.

BTW, I am working to reduce my VPIP and the OP probably should too. I just wanted to point out that it will drop some on its own.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:54 PM

See you at 1/2. Hope I don't run into you [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-11-2005, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
for those who say he's too loose prelfop, it wouldn't surprise me at all if 23 is close to ideal (i don't have a significant sample size at .50/1.00) and it wouldn't suprise me if he could get away with EVEN more than 23.

my main gripe is for such a high vpip, your pfr looks low and your aggression is low too. but clearly you can move up and readjust your game there. the problem with playing at one level too long (and crushing it) is that you can get lulled into a sense of compatency and have bad habits stick with you for too long simply because "it worked" at the level you've played at for so long.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree he isn't necessarily too loose, its just its loose for his aggression level