Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 07:21 PM

Default Re: Defending Matusow

Honest to GOd, I don't know either. I know Greg rads these posts, but their are alot of people that revere him as a saint or something. Don't get me wrong, what Raymer is doing is definetely a phenominal accomplishment, and I hope he does well this year, but some people definetly gotta lay off! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-13-2005, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think that alot of the Raymer groupies on 2+2 try to give Matusow a bad rap for something he did a year ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the deal with all the Raymer groupies here? The guy's worth millions and could buy and sell everyone here four times over and yet there is a never-ending line of people on this site who are clamoring to massage his testicles. They protect him like he is a 2-year-old girl or something.

Do people think that Raymer will give them money if they say nice things about him here?

[/ QUOTE ]

How difficult can it be for you to comprehend.

For years, Greg posted great posts here that helped many people become better poker players. I'm still going back and reading them. So people are grateful for his contributions.

He is a really nice guy who is a professional in the way he plays and represents himself. What's not to like?

If you haven't noticed, there is a sense of community here (for the most part), and Greg is a 2+2er. Most of us are pulling for the home town guy whose done good. Do you really think it would be any different if it was any of the other respected posters, or even Skanky for that matter, who were doing well? Man, I'd be pulling for them because they've helped my game and I kind of "know 'em" through the list.

As for Mike the Mouth, I just posted in his support. But, it can't be questioned that he crossed the line last year, and that would have been the case had he said what he said to Greg or anyone else.

I look like this as I do when I pull for my other sports teamns ... go Braves, Canes, Panthers, and Fossilman. This is the WPT forum after all, where I can be a fan. If I want to have my hands analyzed and talk strategy, I'll go to the other Forums here and be serious.

NCAces
Old 07-13-2005, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How difficult can it be for you to comprehend.

For years, Greg posted great posts here that helped many people become better poker players. I'm still going back and reading them. So people are grateful for his contributions....

etc., etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, dude. Didn't mean to get in the way of your man-love for Raymer.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:42 PM

lol
Old 07-13-2005, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, MushashiAce. Didn't mean to get in the way of your man-love for Newfant. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

NCAces
Old 07-13-2005, 08:02 PM

ZINGER!
Old 07-13-2005, 08:42 PM

I'm rooting for Matusow just because it will make the collective heads of the jerk contingent on this board explode. The only thing that could have been more satisfying in that regard would have been Hellmuth winning the main event for his 10th bracelet to tie Chan and Brunson.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's funny that people get emotionally attached to the success/failure of people they only know from television.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny,..(Ha Ha)..or...Funny..(peculiar)?
Old 07-14-2005, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm rooting for Matusow just because it will make the collective heads of the jerk contingent on this board explode.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe I am, without a doubt, a member of the "jerk contingent", but Matusow winning wouldn't make my head explode. It would probably get a groan out of me, but that's about it.

I would still watch the ME on ESPN, and since he would have won, I would be expecting plenty of air time devoted to some of the more amusing stuff coming out of his mouth. Nobody should confuse dislike with hate.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm rooting for Matusow just because it will make the collective heads of the jerk contingent on this board explode.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe I am, without a doubt, a member of the "jerk contingent", but Matusow winning wouldn't make my head explode. It would probably get a groan out of me, but that's about it.

I would still watch the ME on ESPN, and since he would have won, I would be expecting plenty of air time devoted to some of the more amusing stuff coming out of his mouth. Nobody should confuse dislike with hate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm more or less thinking of the people who feel that Matusow winning would somehow be bad for poker.