Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-28-2005, 03:51 PM

Default Another 6max hand.

CO is jason_t and is trying to float me because I'm raising light (40/28/2.9 according to his stats). Despite loose raises I'm playing well postflop.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (24 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (15 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 29 BB
Old 12-28-2005, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Another 6max hand.

looks good. i refuse to believe he bet there playing the board. plus we're only getting ~6:1 to call.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:02 PM

If this were heads up or perhaps even 3 handed you could probably call due to pot size, but in affect you are calling for 1/5th of the pot due to all the overcalls, which is about 6 BB, so not worth it.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:11 PM

Fold the turn. You are NOT going to beat 6 players with 4 to a straight with KK on this board, not to mention the FD.

River fold is good, some math:

There is a chance no one is on a FD, but even then if we split the pot 5 ways playing the board you need a 1/5 chance that no one holds a 9.

Even making the reasonable assumption that at least two 7's are lie in other peoples hole cards this leaves 6 unaccounted for hole cards; about half the time there will be a 9 in someone elses hand (54% assuming a random distro). This is a clear fold.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:18 PM

Good spot to wait for the turn to raise, there is already 24SB, nobody is folding and the flop is pretty coordinated. Horrible turn and river cards, easy fold on river with so many people still hanging around
Old 12-28-2005, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold the turn. You are NOT going to beat 6 players with 4 to a straight with KK on this board, not to mention the FD.

River fold is good, some math:

There is a chance no one is on a FD, but even then if we split the pot 5 ways playing the board you need a 1/5 chance that no one holds a 9.

Even making the reasonable assumption that at least two 7's are lie in other peoples hole cards this leaves 6 unaccounted for hole cards; about half the time there will be a 9 in someone elses hand (54% assuming a random distro). This is a clear fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding the turn would be pretty bad here. I've got BB beat the majority of the time. I've got CO beat often. Given UTG's call I've got him beat frequently. I have many many outs against 2pr hands, should they exist. The straight isn't out there frequently (I'm about to find out if it is) and my hand is simply too good to give up on at the turn.

Rob
Old 12-28-2005, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
looks good. i refuse to believe he bet there playing the board. plus we're only getting ~6:1 to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess the question is then, if jason thinks that Entity will think that he won't bet here without it, isn't jason's bet fairly profitable here if he's playing the board? Seems very, very seldom will the first three-to-act have a 9 or a flush, and so doesn't this make his bet somewhat of a freeroll? Just something to think about I guess.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:15 PM

You don't think our good flop equity makes a raise seem more profitable? I like the waiting line, but we might be giving something up.