Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 12:47 AM

Default My second shot at 10/20... bad run of cards or not good enough?

So I took my 2nd shot at 10/20 AGAIN like many of us here... And like many of us here, I've failed. I was pretty confident in my ability to beat this game, but lately, I've just plain died. I have over 7,500 hands this time around which is triple what I was able to survive last time before moving back down to 5/10. Now, I'm not giving up on 10/20 yet because I'm still in the green, but I've drifted from being a from being up a significant amount to barely beating it. I would appreciate it if you guys to help me plug any leaks that you see in my game. Btw, I do pretty good datamining + table selection.

My fold to riverbet was one of my weaknesses last time around at about 55% so I overcompensated a little bit. 35% is within the realm of acceptable right? My ATSB is just a tad low...

I don't see much else that I am doing wrong. I hope and think that I'm just running badly. Obviously 7.5 K hands isn't big enough of a sample to tell my true winrate... But it is big enough to find patterns and leaks in my game.

Thoughts? Hands against me are especially welcome. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-28-2005, 03:42 AM

Default Re: My second shot at 10/20... bad run of cards or not good enough?

bump it plz
Old 09-28-2005, 04:04 AM

with just a quick look, you steal too little and fold your blinds too easily. these things are a huge part of your earn.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:01 AM

I'm torn between comments that will come off as sounding like e a dick and just being blunt. Either way, there's virtually nothing about your stats (and certainly nothing about FTRB%) over 7,500 hands that could allow any of us to give any truly constructive feedback on your game (and the same could be true for 100K hands instead of 7.5K). Stats just won't do it unless something is seriously out of whack. Unless you're seriously out of whack (and you'd have some inkling with all the stat posts in the forum), your stats will tell us little about your game.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:38 AM

Your stats look fine, personally I think you should look at increasing your aggression on the flop, turn and river. Get flop nearer 3 and turn and river over 2.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your stats look fine, personally I think you should look at increasing your aggression on the flop, turn and river. Get flop nearer 3 and turn and river over 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really bad advice.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:36 AM

River over 2 is often a loser, especially at 10/20. But stats are deceptive, post hands instead.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So I took my 2nd shot at 10/20 AGAIN like many of us here... And like many of us here, I've failed.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've failed to play enough hands.

"There is no such thing as failure....only temporary defeat. Failure doesn't become so until you yourself accept it as failure."

- Napoleon Hill (author of 'Think and Grow RICH')
Old 09-28-2005, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

"There is no such thing as failure....only temporary defeat. Failure doesn't become so until you yourself accept it as failure."

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice
Old 09-28-2005, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You've failed to play enough hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome quote.

You want to see temporary defeat? I went straight down a 400bb mineshaft when moving up to 10/20, over 17k hands(my W$@SD was <48% over that stretch, with WTSD 35%). You're looking for a cure-all from a stats-post...when what you really need to do is post hands, and adapt your play in each hand to your opponent. Don't just bet because that's what you do when you get to the turn HU...think about each play and which is the best at this given point in time.

Additionally, 7500 hand is nothing. Keep at it...I've played with you a few times and you seem solid - as long as you respect the passive player's raises and show down against the LAGs you'll be ok.

Surf