Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back

Old 12-19-2005, 12:28 PM

Default Re: Pokerroom site offerin 50% \"Rakeback\"

You are correct. It is total rake divided by players in the pot times times 50%. You do not have to win the pot. That was a question in a previous post. You do actually have to play the hand by either being in one of the blinds or calling the initial bet. It is not dealt hands where you only have to be dealt in to the hand and not actually play it. All the Pokerroom skins are contributed not generated/dealt to my knowledge.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:47 PM

thanks.

[ QUOTE ]
do SnG fees count?

are there any affliates (for actual rakeback)?

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone?
Old 12-19-2005, 10:02 PM

are you sure? i thought it was a percentage of the rake based on how much you put in the pot, not just if you put anything in the pot.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:28 PM

Eurobet rake is based on the "contributed" method. If a pot is raked $2 and you fold preflop then you don't receive any rake for that hand. If it is raked $2 and 5 people contribute to the hand then each would be credited with 40 cents in rake.

that is the message i got from my affiliate
Old 12-20-2005, 01:21 PM

i have asked the affiliate manager at eurobet for confirmation. no sense just speculating. it does make a big difference. what you are saying is "see the flop" and what i am saying is "percentage of pot"

bodog does see the flop...but i was almost positive that eurobet was percentage of pot.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:21 PM

Rule 2.7 Affiliate T's and C's:
"...a Player's contribution to the "rakes" shall be determined as the number obtained when dividing the actual amount of rake to which the Player had contributed divided by the total number of players who made a contribution to the pot. For the avoidance of doubt sitting in but not contributing to a pot does NOT accrue rake."

actual amount of rake to which the Player had contributed

that is the key phrase. it means that you only get credit for the portion of the rake that you contributed. the confusing part is what happens when you max out the rake. after $60.00 or whenever the rake is capped, those additional dollars may not be counted as

"actual amount of rake to which the Player had contributed "
Old 12-20-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rule 2.7 Affiliate T's and C's:
"...a Player's contribution to the "rakes" shall be determined as the number obtained when dividing the actual amount of rake to which the Player had contributed divided by the total number of players who made a contribution to the pot. For the avoidance of doubt sitting in but not contributing to a pot does NOT accrue rake."

actual amount of rake to which the Player had contributed

that is the key phrase. it means that you only get credit for the portion of the rake that you contributed. the confusing part is what happens when you max out the rake. after $60.00 or whenever the rake is capped, those additional dollars may not be counted as

"actual amount of rake to which the Player had contributed "

[/ QUOTE ]

I Believe that means you get credit for equal share of the rake if you contributed anything to the pot. It doesn't matter if you contributed $1 or $30 because the actual rake is divided (equally I assume) among all players who contributed. This means you are getting credit for the rake others pay and not just your own.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:57 PM

i am quite sure they divide each time a new rake is taken, but i have emailed support and given several situations and asked them to give examples.

in other words, if you aren't in the pot when the $3.00 of rake is taken, you do not get a share.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:52 PM

AAAA, I'm not saying for certain you're mistaken but I'm pretty sure the rake is divided by all players who contribute and not based on the actual amount bet by the player. I am not aware of any sites that figure it that way. My understanding has always been there are two methods. The generated/dealt method and the contributed method.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:13 PM

That is a good question. I understand it as everyone who is the the pot gets equal share. I have never heard of % of pot calculation.