Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-10-2005, 07:16 PM

Default Re: UBs TV BS...

correct...it is 300k hands.
Although you get 25% more points for starting tables...but this is partly counter-balanced by the fact that some of the hands are not raked.

so for 120 days you are playing about 2500 raked-hands per day.

I agree that might be too difficult.

We'll see.

And my down-swing that is wrecking my confidence isn't making things any easier.
I am taking frequent breaks when I'm losing. I don't THINK I'm tilting...but I know better (at least now I do) than to sit there and get blasted away.

So today I sit down and promptly dump another 40BB's in a couple hours to take my downswing even deeper so I'm doing other things for a little bit.

I'm playing mostly 3/6 6-max...but occasionally 3/6 full and even 2/4 6-max.
I started playing some of the 5/10 6-max too but I was continuing to get killed so bankroll preservation has to be a priority too.

The good thing is that the hands come pretty fast on UB.

On 4 tables I believe I can earn around 200 points per hour.

So for 300k points this works out to about 750 hours in the next 16 weeks or about 47 hours per week.

The whole package with spending cash is a $28k value.
So that's $37/hr worth of value if my calcs are correct.

But it is indeed a looooong marathon and I'm already behind pace so there's a very high chance I won't go all the way through with it.

This week alone I have almost 2k hands vs. that vluna guy who is atop the learderboard for the TV.
He has my number including spiking his set of K's on the river when I flopped 2-pair with QJ.
He apologized after that one (which I had never seen him do before).
I think he feels sorry for me.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:29 PM

I thought it was quite a clever idea for a promo, as a way to inspire casual players to get more serious about the site.

In sharp contrast to the OP, I also thought it was a promotion aimed specifically AT low-limit players, in contrast to something like PokerPlex's prizes for most rake generated in a weekend which is aimed only at the high limits... the points per table-hour are virtually flat from $1/2 upward.

I also thought I might have a good shot at it, since I happened to have earned 70 points in November, and didn't imagine there would be very many people who had gotten so close to the magic 50 by chance.

But three days in, there were already people at 3000% which was in the vicinity of the score that I thought might have a chance at third place at month's end (silly me, I guess.) I can't help thinking there was a small cadre of lucky folks who knew this was coming up and played 50 points worth in November to prepare.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:33 AM

Alright, here's a question for someone that knows more about this kind of stuff than me.

The max amount of cash game tables you can play at UB is 6. I e-mailed support saying Party allows 10 and Stars allows 8, so if they could bump the max up I'd play there more. That got them to go up to 6, which I was told was the maximum. But for this promo, there are only four people really competing at this point. One of them has been seen playing up to 10 cash game tables at once. Anyone have any ideas on how this could happen? Maybe using two PCs? Or a software bug nobody knows about? I've e-mailed support, but it's been over 24 hours with no response. It just sucks to be in a competition where one person has the ability to earn 40% more points than everyone else.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:02 AM

The leader is now over 15,000%, nice!!
Old 12-13-2005, 05:50 AM

i recently got bumped to 6 tables (from 4) but I can currently only play 5 for some reason.
So I have to write to them again.

Anyway, here's what they sent to me about this:

"Dear Robert,

There is actually a limitation on how many tables at the time some accounts can play, It has nothing to do with the kind of player you are but with a system glitch that lets some players play a max of 6 tables and other player to play a max of 5 tables; unfortunately there is anything we can do about that. Although due to a system malfunction in some waiting lists, some times, players can get into more than 6 tables.

I have increased your limit to 6 simultaneous tables.

Do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything else we can help you with.

Best Regards,

Hector
Cardroom Management"

So it would appear to be done somehow through the wait-list.
Not sure how though.

I saw someone in chat on UB a few hours ago ask some guy how he was able to play 10 tables at once the previous night.
I'm now guessing this was you. I don't remember your name though....just the name of the guy you were asking (since you pointed out that he was playing 10 at once).

If you figure out the wait-list bug that allows you to play 10 then let me know please.

Although on the 6-max tables I think 5 or 6 is pretty much all I can handle anyway.

hoping they give a leader-board for the Bellagio give-away at some point so that I can give it up if I'm a million miles behind.
I'm at 7k points after 7 days which still is behind pace for 150k points in 120 days. However, I only got increased to 6 (but it's actually only 5) today so I should be able to my points faster now.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:44 PM

Bob, I was having trouble getting 6 tables up but eventually figured it out. You can only bring up five in Full Table Mode. So if you want a 6th, you need to reduce your fifth table to Mini view. Once you do this, you can bring up your 6th table and sit down. Then you can bring everything back up to full mode. Also, if you already know which 6 tables you want to play, you can do this all ahead of time before sitting down, so that you don't have to worry about it once you start playing. Hope that makes sense.

EDIT: This trick does not let you play 10 tables though. Using this, you can bring up as many tables as you want - I've observed 12 at once - but you can still only sit down at as many tables as your limit allows.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:38 PM

I only play in mini-view...but experimented around between full and mini and was able to get 10 tables to open up.

I think the limit on observed tables is different for different players too as well as the limit on tables you can sit at.

But now I can open 10 tables in total and was able to sit at 6.

I think that experimenting with the wait-list on some tables may get you seated at more than 6. Maybe it somehow is connected to that whole full-view, mini-view thing. Don't know. But at least I'm up to 6 and 10 now so thanks for that (and as I mentioned before...it goes pretty fast there so I'm not sure I can handle much more than 6 anyway).

How many points per day do you think some of the leaders are getting?

Since I'm behind pace I'm kind of curious how FAR behind pace I am (because some of those guys will likely continue on past December to try for the Bellagio thing).
Old 12-13-2005, 06:21 PM

I've currently got a solid grasp on 2nd place, and I've got 9,200 points towards Bellagio as of right now. I've been trying to put up a 2,000% increase each day, which for me is a little over 1,500 points/day. I'm a little behind pace since I had jury duty yesterday, but I'm going to get back on track. The leader had more points than me in Nov., so I expect he's putting up around 2,000 pts/day.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:07 PM

ouch. that's way more than me.

nice going. you must be working pretty hard at this.

You should certainly consider going for the bellagio thing since you'll already be part-way there after you score the TV.
Remember, this isn't just your everyday run-of-the-mill $12k WSOP main-event package. This one is worth more than double that.

why do i have a feeling that i'm not even going to be close on this bellagio thing? oh well. still time to do some catching up me thinks.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:47 PM

I'll have to see how it goes. Grad school starts up again first week of Jan., and usually my playing hours go way down then, and usually stop entirely the last 2-3 weeks of each term. Even though I've got a light term coming up, I doubt I'll be able to keep up this kind of pace for the three months needed for the Bellagio package. Even if I didn't have school, keeping up this pace would still be pretty hard.